Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 08:26 PM

18 posts, read 32,042 times

Advertisements

So more out into the woods and more private is where the problems are at? Ok well property crime will be an issue for THEM as I have 3 pit bulls and plenty of guns and I always have cameras.

I will have to check out the TN laws on right to defend my property and trespassing.
I will be looking into the areas above and maybe take a look over in NC.

Thanks

Old 09-27-2017, 09:31 PM

196 posts, read 259,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeva316 View Post
So more out into the woods and more private is where the problems are at? Ok well property crime will be an issue for THEM as I have 3 pit bulls and plenty of guns and I always have cameras.

I will have to check out the TN laws on right to defend my property and trespassing.

Thanks

You need to visit areas not just look online. Also I strongly recommend renting before buying.

Old 09-28-2017, 06:42 AM

35,081 posts, read 31,313,313 times
Quote:

Thanks
I guess we weren't clear, but you can be pretty well out in the woods in Knox County and not all that far from Knoxville. You can probably find a wooded property that's secluded still zoned to decent schools. This isn't a huge metro area where you've got an hour out for some seclusion.

If you're driving around, it's easy to figure out what places are bad. In east TN, places are basically what they appear to be. If you're driving around and see houses that aren't kept up, appliances on the porch, cars on blocks, a lot of trailers (sorry, but they don't have a good rap around here), that type of thing, move along.

Not saying everyone in those situations is a pill pusher or addict or criminal, but the odds of running into those people are much higher in trailer park in the middle of nowhere than in Farragut.

If you're seriously interested in the area, you absolutely want to drive on. Don't just look for pretty views or nice land. Look for grocery stores nearby an address - whatever you need to get through daily life.

Old 09-28-2017, 09:26 AM

I'm coming this xmas to check the eastern part of the state. Every property I have found interest in I have checked out the school test score ratings, if they are not good I won't consider the house. I also been checking out distance to local grocery stores and restaurants to at least point point the areas I will be visiting.
I need at least a 3/2 home (single family home with basement with at least 2 acres and seems to be plenty under $160k.

Yes if I'm driving through and see run down neighborhoods then I'm out of that area for sure.

Old 09-28-2017, 05:19 PM

So far I appreciate everyone's time to reply. My biggest problem down here in FL is the lack of hustle from people I try to hire for work, their disrespectful ways of life and attitude and no type of unity amongst the people here. Down here everyone is out for themselves and not about helping others. I grew up in Boston (I hate the city life, no privacy) but in that city we stuck together, had much unity and plenty of help from others.
Hoping moving to Tenn I can find a somewhat better community and more friendly and respectful than here in FL.

Again thanks everyone for the input.

Old 09-28-2017, 05:33 PM

16,076 posts, read 21,154,079 times
Quote:
So far I appreciate everyone's time to reply. My biggest problem down here in FL is the lack of hustle from people I try to hire for work
Ummmm, hmmmm, yeah, you'll run into some of that here for sure. People here are generally great, nice, willing to help out, but they tend to do it on their own time frame for the most part. It's part of that 'slower paced life' people want to move here for. I'm in a supervisory position and one of the biggest hurdles I face is that it's near impossible to instill a sense of urgency in some people unless their butts are on fire, lol.

Old 09-28-2017, 06:04 PM

196 posts, read 259,373 times
Quote:
So far I appreciate everyone's time to reply. My biggest problem down here in FL is the lack of hustle from people I try to hire for work, their disrespectful ways of life and attitude and no type of unity amongst the people here. Down here everyone is out for themselves and not about helping others. I grew up in Boston (I hate the city life, no privacy) but in that city we stuck together, had much unity and plenty of help from others.
Hoping moving to Tenn I can find a somewhat better community and more friendly and respectful than here in FL.

Again thanks everyone for the input.

I have to agree with the previous poster, if you're looking for hustle this isn't the place for it lol

Old 09-28-2017, 08:39 PM

2,762 posts, read 3,186,661 times
Nice, friendly, willing to help, independent hard workers, yup......... but all done at a slower pace.

People here like to take their time, smell the roses, not take everything like it is life or death and must get done NOW... there is nothing urgent unless it is a true emergency.

If you fight it, you will just be disappointed and unhappy.

Old 09-29-2017, 11:07 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
Quote:

Yes if I'm driving through and see run down neighborhoods then I'm out of that area for sure.
Oh, boy.

Old 09-29-2017, 11:08 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
There are people that come from up north, live in Florida and then thrive in the Knoxville area. However, most of the transplants head to North Carolina. Sounds like you'd be a good candidate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville