Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2008, 03:30 PM
901 901 started this thread

10 posts, read 40,975 times

Advertisements

We have bought a house off Northshore in the county (we were purchasing a house in Cedar Bluff but was a no go, we were saved from a potential monetary disaster by a home inspection). I was told we have to pay an independent company to pick up our trash. I've been to 2 websites, the BFI and Waste Management, oh and TN Trash too. I was wondering if anyone on the forum lives in the county, and what are the general prices of trash collection? Do they offer curbside recycling service as well? Who do you recommend? The company websites really aren't that informative.
Thanks guys...moving in 3 weeks!

Old 07-16-2008, 09:23 PM

49 posts, read 228,455 times
We're using TN trash... We checked them and WM, and TN Trash was cheaper. Both offer recycling, which we signed up for. Sometimes I wonder if it does any good, or whether I'm just wasting my time. I felt bad about not recycling before that too though.

Old 07-16-2008, 10:38 PM
901 901 started this thread

10 posts, read 40,975 times
Thanks, the city that we live in now offers curbside recycling, it would be hard to get used to throwing cans away now! Is it just like regular city trash pickup where the bring you a can and pick up on certain days? I know these are goofy questions, but I'm big on those.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:54 PM

611 posts, read 1,458,600 times
Before I start, I'll say that I don't know which company my neighborhood uses, and I'm not sure about the cost - it could be that each house pays individually, but because of the HOA, I'm inclined to think that the neighborhood pays one collective fee for all 18 houses. I'll try to get back to you on these details later.

I do, however, know that each house on my street gets a large trash can (the kind with a hinged lid on the top), and the trash gets picked up every Friday in the morning. In addition, recycling gets collected every other Friday - we use the standard blue bins for cans/glass/etc., but if you've got cardboard or overflow, they'll collect anything you put out by the curb (assuming it's recyclable, of course).

We haven't had any issues thus far. It's a very convenient service, no doubt! As I mentioned before, I'll try to get some more specific info for you ASAP.

Old 07-17-2008, 05:44 AM

2,197 posts, read 7,391,103 times
TN Trash is the cheapest. It costs $51 per quarter, plus a fuel surcharge of less than $5. They provide the large bin and will pick up as many bags of lawn clippings, etc. as you put out by the curb. They picked up my moving boxes, too. They're pretty lenient about what they'll take. My neighbors use WM-- they charge a little more and are pickier about what they take. If WM won't take it, my neighbors leave it next to my can and TN Trash takes it every time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville