Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 08:36 AM

811 posts, read 2,010,621 times

Advertisements

We're going to put an offer in on a house!!!

I am so excited! I will be contacting the broker that Hik used today and get us approved (again--last time it was just my info they approved us on) and we are going to look at the house 1 more time Wednesday, but I think we are pretty set on it! Keep your fingers crossed, everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2008, 08:42 AM

780 posts, read 1,766,231 times
Default Fingers crossed

We will be keeping the fingers crossed for you, Good Luck, it sounds exciting

Old 07-28-2008, 11:01 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,325,687 times
Good luck.

Old 07-28-2008, 04:09 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,300,403 times
This is incredibly exciting!

I'll tell you what, this is THE TIME TO BUY.

Woo-hoo!

The new housing bill has a lot of goodies for first-time buyers, right now.

Old 07-28-2008, 04:10 PM

396 posts, read 1,311,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticfire0213 View Post
We're going to put an offer in on a house!!!

I am so excited! I will be contacting the broker that Hik used today and get us approved (again--last time it was just my info they approved us on) and we are going to look at the house 1 more time Wednesday, but I think we are pretty set on it! Keep your fingers crossed, everyone!
Good for you! Where about? Bearden area?

Old 07-28-2008, 10:02 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,390,007 times
congrats, and let us know, and surley we can throw you a big house party. Be sure and get a good home inspector, and also ask the seller to pay for a Home warranty.

Old 07-28-2008, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilCabinGirl View Post
Good for you! Where about? Bearden area?
It is in the 37921 zip code--not sure what that part of Knoxville is called We love the Bearden area though! Unfortunately we just didn't see anything here for homes in our price range.

Thank you so much everyone--I may need a bucket of cold water every now and again until this process is over though--we haven't even put the official offer in yet and I am already stressing out!! LOL! A party sounds great--that'll be 2--hiknapster's AND mine---maybe we can start the party at one place and end at the other, lol--I have never owned a home before and always living in apartments never had enough space for gatherings of any sort--I am so excited I can't even describe it to you all!

Old 07-28-2008, 10:41 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,137,125 times
Smile Another little bird comes home to roost in her own nest!!

Mysticfire, I am so happy for you. It didn't take you long at all to find the right house for you.

We'll be wishing and hoping for you. I know you will fill us in pronto!!

We will be having one smash of a party real soon. Both you and hiknapster within a month buying your first houses. I remember what a thrill it was to me when DH and I bought for the first time. I felt on top of the world. I felt like we owned a palace and it was; it was our palace!!

Now, Hik has her palace and soon, mysticfire, you'll have yours, too. Nothing completes a woman like feathering her own nest. It is wonderful news!

Old 07-29-2008, 05:21 AM

6,353 posts, read 11,596,358 times
I missed out, has Mr. Mystic found a job already?!

Old 07-29-2008, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeksitter View Post
I missed out, has Mr. Mystic found a job already?!
Mr Mystic had about 5 iinterviews the first week he was here--there is a place that still has all his paperwork and it is a higher-titled position but they said the hiring process usually takes about a month and they haven't put a $$ figure on it yet...but he had 3 other places offer him a position, one at a few $ more an hour than the other two. It is not his dream job by any means and the management is a little messed up, but he's going to ride it out for now and in the meantime keep networking...but he started last Thursday! I just really hope he can find a company he really loves here like he had back in MD. He had been with a really B A D place a few years ago and it just beat him down...then he found the company he worked for before he left and it was a whole new world for him. I wish that for him...I can't imagine him going through the kind of blankety-blank he went through with the one place ever again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville