Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 09:43 AM

24 posts, read 80,065 times

Advertisements

Are there any employers in Knoxville who work with welfare/TANF/human service? After months of discussions, the Mister and I have put our home in the frozen tundra up for sale, bought a house in Knoxville, and have been applying for jobs online with no luck. We have no vacation time left to do searches in person (thank God for the internet) and have no family or friends there to use as contacts. Hubby works in warehousing and has gotten one or two calls; I have a BA and work with in human services.

We have used LocalJobs, TennesseeJobNetwork, CareerBuilder, and SimplyHired to name a few. Any other suggestions? At this point, I am not above begging....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2008, 05:43 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,329,215 times
Have you tried the employment agencies, such as Randstad, Snelling and other employment agencies in Knoxville?

Old 08-02-2008, 06:12 PM

Thanks for the information! Randstad's website says to apply in person, so I guess the next time we're down there we'll try 'em. I'll make sure to check out Snelling, too.

Old 08-08-2008, 06:44 PM

8 posts, read 21,145 times
find a job yet?

Old 08-09-2008, 05:07 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,311,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iplay6strings View Post
find a job yet?
Aren't you married to abymais, or was I assuming it?

Anyway, you might try Helen Ross McNabb Center, if you haven't already.

The Helen Ross McNabb Center

Old 08-09-2008, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Aren't you married to abymais, or was I assuming it?

Anyway, you might try Helen Ross McNabb Center, if you haven't already.

The Helen Ross McNabb Center
I confess - '6Strings is my husband! I've applied for several positions with Helen Ross McNabb Center trying to get my foot in the door (I'm really hoping they open up the homeless outreach position again.) Otherwise, I received several good leads from this site. Thanks bunches!!!

Old 08-09-2008, 10:05 PM

1,012 posts, read 2,781,619 times
My friend and band mate does the hiring at Helen Ross McNabb for social work. Give me your name and I will pass it along to him, if you would be qualified. Also check Peninsula and Florence Crittenton Center.

Old 08-10-2008, 08:47 AM

Kitties, are you serious?! I'll send you my info in direct messages. It can't hurt to try. Thanks!

Old 08-10-2008, 11:56 AM

2 posts, read 6,461 times
They just hired a Resident Services Liaison at KCDC the public housing org for Knoxville.

[URL]http://www.kcdc.org/default.aspx[/URL]

Check in they are always hiring and looking for folks with a background in human Services.

Old 08-10-2008, 02:20 PM

Thanks, PlumberVol! This is one employer I hadn't run across. Doesn't look like there are any openings yet, but I'll keep them on my watch list!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville