Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2009, 09:43 AM

5 posts, read 16,679 times

Advertisements

Hello, We will be building a new home in the area. We were given a list of names of contractors. Before we contact any of them, we would like to know is anyone has any experience with any of these contractors?

Ron Letsinger.
Pinehurst Construction.
Irwin Construction.
Moody Brothers Construction.
Jeff Moody.

Thanks, J. Arbunk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2009, 02:37 PM

4,704 posts, read 25,312,579 times
You may also want to check out the contractors license board to see if any complaints have been filed, and the BBB.
You can also ask each of them to provide you with several references from recent past clients. That may be the best way to see how they dealt with their clients during and after construction.

The majority of construction litigation cases I have worked on, would have probably not gotten that far if the people had done their own due diligence before they signed on the dotted line.

The only other advice that I can offer is:

Get EVERTHING in writing.
Do not rely on referrals such as "He goes to church with (fill in the blank) so I know he is a good guy.
Either be on site often, or have someone you trust be on site often.
Hire an independent inspector to look at things in progress, and after it's done, but BEFORE you make the final payment.
Keep track of the costs as they are happening.
Make sure any change orders are well documented.

Remember, a nod is as good as a wink to a blind man. Get EVERTHING in writing.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:13 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,515,021 times
Please DM good or bad comments and experiences to the OP and do not post here. Thanks!

Old 03-02-2009, 12:09 AM

1 posts, read 2,117 times
Default Any Experience With These Contractors?

I have not personally had any experience with these contractors , but do know of a reputable contractor with fair prices you might also want to contact in knoxville.I am new to this forum and do not know if I can give you their name here. I believe it is ok to PM such info. If you like ,leave me a message and I will send you his number.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville