Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 05:33 PM

2,124 posts, read 6,823,674 times

Advertisements

crafty, there are a lot of Gator fans here; did you know you can even get a TN license plate with the Gator logo on it? I wouldn't put a Gator on your mailbox, but you don't have to close the curtains. Working at UT, you may be more susceptible to remarks, but I'm sure you will be respected and they'll be made in fun. Congratulations on the new job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2009, 04:06 PM

1,113 posts, read 2,520,998 times
When we move there, we will be leaving the gator garb in place. Oh yeah, I saw a big ole gator flag in the window of a house that we passed in Maryville during our last visit. Forgot about that one.

And I will definitely be ordering me one of those gator TN plates.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:23 PM

13 posts, read 41,473 times
Hey - we have been talking about starting an area gator club. There are a ton of florida gators - are you an alumni? Would you be interested? thanks - lindsey

Old 03-18-2009, 04:14 PM

Sign us up. My husband, daughter and son are die hard gator fans.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:53 PM

15 posts, read 71,587 times
Yeah, I'm definitely interested in a Gator fan club. I am an alumni, and will be moving to Knox in July. I have no clue how to make an official "club" in Knoxville, but maybe we could just start by meeting at a bar sometime this summer (before football season!) and gauging interest??

Old 03-20-2009, 07:24 AM

188 posts, read 567,373 times
I'm a Gator Alum, too!... working as a Behavior Analyst here in Knoxville.

In just two weeks, I will have been in Knoxville for exactly 3 years. As a college football fan, I was thrilled to be moving to a college town.

In the 90's, UT was a problem for the Gators and so, it was easy to have a fun-hate for UT.

Now, watching UT get kicked in the teeth is getting REAL old. It takes away from the fun of competition. I'd be most happy if the Gators and UT were ranked #1 and #2 when they meet! Watching a highly ranked Gator team beat up on an unranked UT team ... well, it loses its luster.

When I do my grocery shopping on gameday Saturday morning, I see cute old ladies with UT earings, UT shirts, white pants, and shoes with UT orange laces. For their sake, I'd like to see UT do much better! A great season would be UT with only one loss... to the Gators.

My girlfriend went to 'Bama and is somewhat interested in 'Bama games. We had a lovely party at my house watching 'Bama and the Gators play this past season. She isn't much of a fan, but she's a great host!

So count me in on a Gator-social group when football season arrives. If we get into bar fights, the emergency doctor (the OP) can stitch us up right there!

That way, we don't have to miss the game with a pesky hospital visit.

BF

Old 03-20-2009, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfskinnerpunk View Post
I'm a Gator Alum, too!... working as a Behavior Analyst here in Knoxville.

In just two weeks, I will have been in Knoxville for exactly 3 years. As a college football fan, I was thrilled to be moving to a college town.

In the 90's, UT was a problem for the Gators and so, it was easy to have a fun-hate for UT.

Now, watching UT get kicked in the teeth is getting REAL old. It takes away from the fun of competition. I'd be most happy if the Gators and UT were ranked #1 and #2 when they meet! Watching a highly ranked Gator team beat up on an unranked UT team ... well, it loses its luster.

When I do my grocery shopping on gameday Saturday morning, I see cute old ladies with UT earings, UT shirts, white pants, and shoes with UT orange laces. For their sake, I'd like to see UT do much better! A great season would be UT with only one loss... to the Gators.

My girlfriend went to 'Bama and is somewhat interested in 'Bama games. We had a lovely party at my house watching 'Bama and the Gators play this past season. She isn't much of a fan, but she's a great host!

So count me in on a Gator-social group when football season arrives. If we get into bar fights, the emergency doctor (the OP) can stitch us up right there!

That way, we don't have to miss the game with a pesky hospital visit.

BF
I'll assist and keep the stitches small.

Old 03-30-2009, 01:21 PM

1 posts, read 3,077 times
I am another Gator in knoxville, Would absolutly love to form a gator club in the area. What do we do? Go Gators!!!! [email]aposan@students.tusculum.edu[/email]

Old 03-30-2009, 03:31 PM

621 posts, read 1,615,912 times
I would be interested as well. I did not graduate from there, would be labeled as a poser? My g/f is a Bulldog grad, so i get plenty of grief at home, i think she is still bitter about last year's payback.

Old 03-30-2009, 05:39 PM

780 posts, read 1,766,062 times
I'm an older senior but a die hard Gator Fan, didnt go there but born and raised in Miami and lived in Ocala for 25 yrs so we love the Gators, even my dog has a gator shirt to wear. I LOVE Tim Tebow too. We never miss a game(if they show it, usually we dont get too many Gator games due to Vols)but if I knew a place where they show the Gator games I would be there(if its not a rowdy bar that is)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville