Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 03:06 PM

25 posts, read 72,072 times

Advertisements

I just saw some nice condos there and was wondering what you guys think about them? They appear close to UT also. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2009, 04:06 PM

2,171 posts, read 7,659,348 times
That's a nice area. Inskip, close to Fountain City, near a lot of grocery stores and restaurants. It is an easy drive to UT down I-275. I used to live in an apartment on Cedar Lane. They were building a lot of condos around there when I was looking 5 years ago. I really like the Griffin's Gate complex but couldn't afford it. The newer ones were two "bare" for my tastes. I wanted big trees.
You might also want to look in the 37923 zip code in West Knoxville. Some older complexes plus some new ones. Lots of for sale signs out.
Also look in Zip 37919. There are several condos for sale in your price range in Sequoyah Hills. A lovely area with a greenway/walking path to UT and good bus service to UT plus it's own little "village." Older buildings but with character.

Last edited by knoxgarden; 05-09-2009 at 04:15 PM..

Old 05-09-2009, 05:26 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,267,233 times
Those condos are near me!

Old 05-09-2009, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxgarden View Post
That's a nice area. Inskip, close to Fountain City, near a lot of grocery stores and restaurants. It is an easy drive to UT down I-275. I used to live in an apartment on Cedar Lane. They were building a lot of condos around there when I was looking 5 years ago. I really like the Griffin's Gate complex but couldn't afford it. The newer ones were two "bare" for my tastes. I wanted big trees.
You might also want to look in the 37923 zip code in West Knoxville. Some older complexes plus some new ones. Lots of for sale signs out.
Also look in Zip 37919. There are several condos for sale in your price range in Sequoyah Hills. A lovely area with a greenway/walking path to UT and good bus service to UT plus it's own little "village." Older buildings but with character.
Thanks. I will look it up. I need something that was built within the last 3-4 years and neighbors have to be all professionals rather than folks who collect foodstamps Nothing against them but can't afford lapse in security.

Old 05-09-2009, 06:54 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,484,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastlearner View Post
Thanks. I will look it up. I need something that was built within the last 3-4 years and neighbors have to be all professionals rather than folks who collect foodstamps Nothing against them but can't afford lapse in security.
Hmmm. Interesting statement. We've had quite a few bad economic hits here in the last year and I personally know some professionals that have been laid off and are now collecting unemployment and are on food stamps. These include the well educated and long time and term hard workers. That does not make them a security threat.

Old 05-09-2009, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
Hmmm. Interesting statement. We've had quite a few bad economic hits here in the last year and I personally know some professionals that have been laid off and are now collecting unemployment and are on food stamps. These include the well educated and long time and term hard workers. That does not make them a security threat.
I understand and that's why I stated professionals If someone is collecting foodstamps for obvious reasons then ofcourse it is ok but what I hope you know what I was referring too

Old 05-10-2009, 06:32 AM

Well, I live north of Cedar Lane, and the neighborhood has lots of professional workers and blue-collar, too. You can put us firmly in the blue-collar column, because although I was a newspaper reporter, I now do tech support and my husband is a (gasp!) automotive mechanic.

Where you are looking, it tends to be a bit more on the blue-collar side. I wonder if that is what you are looking for. Then again, clearly, if you are looking in that price range, you may end up closer to those food-stamp collecting, security-breaching folks.

Old 05-10-2009, 08:09 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,484,116 times
Quote:
I understand and that's why I stated professionals If someone is collecting foodstamps for obvious reasons then ofcourse it is ok but what I hope you know what I was referring too
I heard you loud and clear.

Old 05-10-2009, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Well, I live north of Cedar Lane, and the neighborhood has lots of professional workers and blue-collar, too. You can put us firmly in the blue-collar column, because although I was a newspaper reporter, I now do tech support and my husband is a (gasp!) automotive mechanic.

Where you are looking, it tends to be a bit more on the blue-collar side. I wonder if that is what you are looking for. Then again, clearly, if you are looking in that price range, you may end up closer to those food-stamp collecting, security-breaching folks.
Its a tough situation because I don't want to sell my home in Atlanta since that was custom built and I don't have the motivation to build one again

As far as the price range, I have looked up a few and it appears that 110-130 is a good price range for condos/townhomes that are still new. My issue is since I am not local I can't figure out if the area is good.

So I am assuming that condos around cedarbluff, raleighcourt are newer and better? Blue/white collar doesn't really matter. I guess the foodstamp statement came out wrong and I hope everyone understands what I was implying to.

Thanks again fellas!

Old 05-10-2009, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Its a tough situation because I don't want to sell my home in Atlanta since that was custom built and I don't have the motivation to build one again

As far as the price range, I have looked up a few and it appears that 110-130 is a good price range for condos/townhomes that are still new. My issue is since I am not local I can't figure out if the area is good.

So I am assuming that condos around cedarbluff, raleighcourt are newer and better? Blue/white collar doesn't really matter. I guess the foodstamp statement came out wrong and I hope everyone understands what I was implying to.

Thanks again fellas!
Yeah. It kind of ruffled my feathers. I think it was the "professionals" tag that got my nose out of joint. I know what you are saying, but it seemed kind of snotty, but I'm starting to get your drift.

So...first of all Cedar Bluff is in West Knoxville. Cedar Lane is just off of Merchants Drive, heading into Fountain City. That's in the north part of the city, where I am. The area where Raleigh Court Condos is just south of Cedar Lane, in an area called Inskip. I drove by the condos. The neighborhood is fine, kind of sweet, but the condos are a major yuck. Looks like nice people live there, but they are right on top of each other. I hate them. If it were me I would never live there, and cheap as they are, I would pay whole lot less.

If it were me, I would look over near Lyons View Pike. Nice neighborhood, very pretty condos. I have not seen these in person but the area is wonderful.

Listing #659680

Listing #661263
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville