Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces
 [Register]
Las Cruces Dona Ana County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2007, 08:57 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,625,047 times

Advertisements

Sometimes we forget to mention the Gila National Forest in Western NM in the Mogollon mountains about an 1 1/2 hour northwest of Las Cruces.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2007, 09:11 AM

717 posts, read 1,955,193 times
Beautiful shots, as usual, 6 Foot 3. You make this delightful State more attractive with every image you submit.

Old 11-30-2007, 10:39 AM

99 posts, read 265,748 times
Wink Animals, animals, animals

Quote:
Originally Posted by dracul View Post
I don't mind bugs...actually find them to be quite fascinating...and I'm looking forward to seeing the male tarantula "migration" around Alb at some point Had LOTS of multilegged critters in Hawai'i, including centipedes with serious attitudes (been bit about four times...very painful). I pretty much enjoy everything that moves

P.S. Besides Pit Bulls, I've had several cats (two huge long haired white guyz presently), numerous aquarium fish and arthropods (crayfish and crabs), a pet scorpion (a huge Emperor that had a fancy for riding on my shoulder), several birds, and a few snakes...as pets. I love 'em all!
Well another thing in common, besides our cat and cockatiel, we'd like to add to our family a toy poodle,(my want) an iguana,(both want) we had one here back in the day, started out tiny, grew to 6 feet, could'nt contain it anymore in our tiny apt so donated it to a vivarium, also very expensive to keep warm here, always worried about it catching cold, but we think it will be great in NM to have one, also would love to own a crow or raven although they are illegal in most states, don't know about NM, if anyone does, please let me know. Had a deep fear of bugs, especially spiders before Florida, fear is gone, down there there are spiders as big as crabs, look like crabs too, and ones that eat flesh, so I'm ready for those, also have scorpions there too, had them if Puerto Rico too, no fear of those, I love snakes, would'nt mind having a boa some day, held one a few times, wonderful creatures.Hubby Wilson loves any animal, he is like one of them kids that always wants to bring home strays, although he has learned to control himself. He has been talking about working on a farm down there, not a much money as Hotel Engineering, but more joy.We'll see. I have always wanted a horse, another dream that NM has to offer.Joanne

Old 11-30-2007, 10:41 AM

6 foot 3, I am in awe again, thanks,Joanne

Old 11-30-2007, 10:44 AM

3,011 posts, read 10,028,666 times
Wonderful pictures, 6 FOOT 3!!

I have a cousin in Mimbres, NM, northeast of Silver City. I am anxious to meet her someday and see that area of the state. How far from there were these pictures taken? I know she lives in a pretty isolated area in the mountains.

Old 11-30-2007, 12:47 PM

717 posts, read 1,955,193 times
Thumbs up More Critters

Almost forgot our Russian Box Tortoise and two Leopard Gecko's! I read the desert Southwest is home to a really large centipede; occasionally reaching a length of 9 inches!!! Remarkable I fancy those Iguana as well! Once had two Cayman, years ago, but they did not survive a winter power outage, alas

P.S. Feel a bit more animated and less tender today. Did a few sit ups and barbell curls...must be careful

Old 11-30-2007, 01:50 PM

Wink EEk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dracul View Post
Almost forgot our Russian Box Tortoise and two Leopard Gecko's! I read the desert Southwest is home to a really large centipede; occasionally reaching a length of 9 inches!!! Remarkable I fancy those Iguana as well! Once had two Cayman, years ago, but they did not survive a winter power outage, alas

P.S. Feel a bit more animated and less tender today. Did a few sit ups and barbell curls...must be careful
Not looking forward to the centipede, although there were some big,only 6-7in in PR. Take care, its good to hear youre doing better.Joanne

Old 11-30-2007, 05:00 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,625,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post
Wonderful pictures, 6 FOOT 3!!

I have a cousin in Mimbres, NM, northeast of Silver City. I am anxious to meet her someday and see that area of the state. How far from there were these pictures taken? I know she lives in a pretty isolated area in the mountains.
The Gila River area is on the northwest side of Silver city. Oh....30 min or so from Mimbres id say......

I'm trying to find some mountain photos of the Sangres De Christos next Santa Fe for you !!

Old 11-30-2007, 10:20 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,617,004 times
Gee, and everyone says NM is brown. Gorgeous pics, 6 foot 3!

Old 12-01-2007, 08:31 AM

Wink A Diverse State

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
Gee, and everyone says NM is brown. Gorgeous pics, 6 foot 3!
Yukon, yes, I have heard that NM is dull, boy are they wrong, I have never seen such a diverse state, there is a little of everything, guess thats why it's called "the land of enchantment" Great title if you ask me.Joanne
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces