Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces
 [Register]
Las Cruces Dona Ana County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2013, 11:04 PM

1 posts, read 2,451 times

Advertisements

Hi folks! I am moving to Las Cruces this August with my wife and daughter. I've shortlisted some apartment complexes in the proximity to NMSU, but am still very hesitant to choose any, since I want something close to a park and to a playground. safe, with a pool. My concern is that google maps do not show any playgrounds in the Mesilla area, and the parks are just open spaces?? Please, advise on a nice, kid-friendly neighborhood not far from NMSU. Thanks a lot!
P.S. I was looking at Casa Bandera, The Pavilions at the University, Omni and Country Crest Apartments.

Last edited by madmen80; 07-09-2013 at 11:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 10:55 PM

31 posts, read 87,060 times
There are parks in Mesilla and Mesilla Park (Google maps doesn't have labels on them). The ones I know off the top of my head (sorry, I moved away almost a year ago) are the on Calle De Santiago west of the Plaza and the one near the Community Center in Mesilla Park. NMSU has a lovely park near O'Donald Hall and the student-family housing. A park you should highly visit is Unidad Park on Hadley. Parks in Las Cruces that have pools or right next door are Lions Park on Picacho (outdoor, has a big water slide. There are also tennis courts), Unidad park (indoor pool at the Aquatic Center), Frenger Pool (indoor) on Espina. Good luck getting into any pool during the summer; there is always a long line of kids waiting to get in.The NMSU pool is located near the park on campus, but you will need to be affiliated with the university in order to use it.

As for your apartment list:
Casa Bandera: A few of my friends have lived in these apartments. Very nice apartments. Management cracks down on parties and cars that don't belong to residents.
The Pavilions at the University: Not familiar with.
Omni: No, avoid.
Country Crest Apartments: I'm not familiar with these apartments. The surrounding neighborhood is very nice, and you will not be too far from Frenger Park.

Old 07-17-2013, 03:37 PM

55 posts, read 136,199 times
I have heard great things about Country Crest Apartments. There is also family housing on campus and the park isn't too far.

Old 05-20-2014, 05:50 PM

47 posts, read 70,715 times
Default Best places for rent in LC

I am single, 36 and will be having a job in T or C. There is NOTHING for rent that I can find in T or C and I am currently staying with a friend in Vado. My job is every weekend, 12 hr shifts at night at the state vets home in T or C. I am new to this area, and do not have the money right now to go cruising around the city to find a place. Can anyone recommend a good place to live on a limited budget? I am hoping no more than like $700 a month. I have 2 dachshunds as well, so would need some place that accepts pets.

Old 05-21-2014, 04:07 PM

1,663 posts, read 3,701,959 times
Craigslist seems to have a lot of listings in that price range that allow dogs.

Old 06-03-2014, 08:43 PM

47 posts, read 70,715 times
Looks like the job in T or C may not happen. I may end up in Roswell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces