Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces
 [Register]
Las Cruces Dona Ana County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2007, 09:00 PM

18 posts, read 95,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hazzard View Post
Jared, Well, you're making progress by leaving your son with his mother; that will lighted your burden of responsibility. There are many postings on your thread and I'm sure that the advice will help you achieve your ultimate goals. You note that you're in a "committed" move so I take that as meaning that this move is going forward, come hell or high water! I hope that you land on your feet on the sunny side of the street! Good luck dude! Steve
Steve,

Thanks for the encouragement. Yes you are correct, this move happens whatever the outcome :-)

But let me ask, are you in New Mexico? Are you familiar with the Las Cruces area. If so what do you think of it. Man I'd love to pick the brain of someone that was in the moving business as long as you :-)

Jared
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2007, 09:52 AM

99 posts, read 265,757 times
Wink Not Moving Business, but in Manifesting Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaroodude View Post
Steve,

Thanks for the encouragement. Yes you are correct, this move happens whatever the outcome :-)

But let me ask, are you in New Mexico? Are you familiar with the Las Cruces area. If so what do you think of it. Man I'd love to pick the brain of someone that was in the moving business as long as you :-)

Jared
Dear Jared, havn't been here for a while, busy preparing for our move, but had to check in and noticed all the advice for you. My only advice, I have done things, taken large steps with lots of planning and things don't always come out as planned, but what really works is to "see"the outcome of your decision clearly in your mind, focus on that outcome deeply and have the faith in yourself that it will manifest. We have a lot more abiltiy to shape our own lives than people realize, in fact we DO make our own lives, for good or bad, however you want to see it, as sometimes the "bad"decisions are the lessons in life that instruct us and leave us with great wisdom. If your intent is clear and your focus is strong you will be successfull. I send my blessings to you,Joanne

Old 12-12-2007, 10:15 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,881,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertPeace View Post
Dear Jared, havn't been here for a while, busy preparing for our move, but had to check in and noticed all the advice for you. My only advice, I have done things, taken large steps with lots of planning and things don't always come out as planned, but what really works is to "see"the outcome of your decision clearly in your mind, focus on that outcome deeply and have the faith in yourself that it will manifest. We have a lot more abiltiy to shape our own lives than people realize, in fact we DO make our own lives, for good or bad, however you want to see it, as sometimes the "bad"decisions are the lessons in life that instruct us and leave us with great wisdom. If your intent is clear and your focus is strong you will be successfull. I send my blessings to you,Joanne
I tend to agree with this......although things don't always pan out the way you have visualized, it is a step to something else!

Old 12-12-2007, 12:28 PM

2,308 posts, read 2,588,500 times
Quote:
Steve,

Jared
Jared, I'm located in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania which is about 125 miles north of Philadelphia and about 150 miles west of New York City.

In the 12 years that I hauled household goods, I was in New Mexico maybe a couple of dozen times and we're talking 25 to 30 years ago. I have recollections of LC, ABQ and Santa Fe; possibly other locations that I just don't remember. I can't give you specific details as my memory is dwindling away; it's called old age! But I can tell you that NM was my favorite southwestern state, and I do not recall any unpleasant experiences in NM. That's not to say that everything was "peaches and cream"; I just don't have any recollections of any major malfunctions in NM.

Caveat; many years ago! The LC that I recalled was a very friendly not-to-busy city with a lot of great places to eat! Please keep in mind that my time spent in any one location was generally 1-3 days; my boss was a dispatcher that made bonus money on the weight of the household goods that I hauled! No such thing as "tourist time" HAHAHA!

You'll really need to experience LC yourself; that's what I plan to do once I reduce my choices to 2 locations; spend time at each location and weigh the pros and cons of each location. I'm aware that you don't have the ability to judge LC before locating there; all I can say is that I have no negative recollections of LC that would be relative to your move. Steve

Old 12-13-2007, 09:53 AM

Wink Something Else

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
I tend to agree with this......although things don't always pan out the way you have visualized, it is a step to something else!
Words of wisdom Cathy4017 and that something else is to our benefit one way or another. And I would say that it goes a little beyond visualization, more like creation, with strong intent. As far as our move, we are moving cold in a sense, not ever having been there before, however we don't have any children at all, except of course our cat, we do have a good amount of money saved and a car, and my husband is easily employable, I also have a good amt coming in each month. But we are seeing this as a grand adventure, so we aren't planning a whole lot, like exactly where we will end up, our focus is on Las Cruces, somewhere where it is warm most of the year, but the dry climate is the most important, because of my needs. He is starting to look for a job while we are still here and what ever pops up will determine our placement, but if nothing pops up it will be the Las Cruces area.I Say Good Wishes to all those adventurers out there and blessings to all you NM people, see you soon.Joanne

Old 12-13-2007, 10:21 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,881,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertPeace View Post
Words of wisdom Cathy4017 and that something else is to our benefit one way or another. And I would say that it goes a little beyond visualization, more like creation, with strong intent. As far as our move, we are moving cold in a sense, not ever having been there before, however we don't have any children at all, except of course our cat, we do have a good amount of money saved and a car, and my husband is easily employable, I also have a good amt coming in each month. But we are seeing this as a grand adventure, so we aren't planning a whole lot, like exactly where we will end up, our focus is on Las Cruces, somewhere where it is warm most of the year, but the dry climate is the most important, because of my needs. He is starting to look for a job while we are still here and what ever pops up will determine our placement, but if nothing pops up it will be the Las Cruces area.I Say Good Wishes to all those adventurers out there and blessings to all you NM people, see you soon.Joanne
Have a safe and enjoyable trip, Joanne!

Old 12-14-2007, 10:02 AM

Wink Many Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Have a safe and enjoyable trip, Joanne!
Dear Cathy4017, thanks for your blessings, may they be returned to you as well. I have never been on a more enjoyable forum, you and the others here are such warm folkes, take care, Joanne

Old 12-21-2007, 07:53 PM

4 posts, read 10,319 times
Default no regrets but change what i could

Hi I am a native New Mexican, i have lived in Las Cruces for the last 7 years after living in Tucson, AZ. For the most part it was nice to come back home and try to relax after being in a "bigger" city. i thought that it would be good for me....was i wrong. I don't think that it is cheaper living here, the most i paid for rent in AZ was $500, for a 2 bdrm apt. here the least I've paid for a run down looking apt is 325. I think that I paid less for everything, to make it simple I will use this example...........take $20 I could pay bills with this money and I would have $2.00 left over from that 20, here in Las Cruces I'm lucky to have $1.50 left over from that same 20. Now consider all your money, it is hard to make ends meet..........I make about 20% less of what i used to earn in AZ.
Before some of you start writing saying to get out of here or move if I don't like it..........too late, as soon as I get back some of what Las Cruces took from me I will leave and never look back............a degree in my case.........if you are considering moving here, I would really look around some more, people are bitter, cold, not friendly, the driving needs refinement, i could go on for ever----not all are like this but it seems that way sometimes.....i hope that this gets posted because people need to see the uglier side of living here, not just what the higher ups want you to see....so good luck in your moving dilemas or adventures..........try it don't let my bitter experience detract you from this place, for me, I' ve had it........thank you

Old 12-27-2007, 10:45 PM

253 posts, read 1,740,879 times
My eyes started rolling halfway through the above post. I've also lived for long periods of time in Arizona, both Tucson and PHX, and I must say Cruces is a dream. If you like the desert climate, the Hispanic influence, and the lower cost of living - you'll be fine. I took a whopping 50% pay cut by moving here, but my rent is so cheap, along with being able to walk to work - it all works out.

People are bitter, cold? Bull@#$%. Cruces is a real-person type of community. If you show up at the farmer's market in your capri pants and companion lap dog bickering about the price of locally grown chiles, then F you. Consider embracing the local culture and bending your ways to that of the place you've conquered, through whatever means.

Looks like another American Primadonna above whining about lack of "human perfection."

Old 01-09-2008, 09:31 AM

4 posts, read 10,319 times
Default "perfect" example

you are right perfection does not exist-but this is a perfect exmple of what people are to expect from this )&(%& town. maybe when you sold a home that was not worth that much to a unsuspecting buyer were you able to come here and buy one cheap was why you could afford it....in the meantime bringing up the prices so that the rest of us had to live in apartments or lessor means.
and yes i'd like cheese with my whine..thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnubler View Post
My eyes started rolling halfway through the above post. I've also lived for long periods of time in Arizona, both Tucson and PHX, and I must say Cruces is a dream. If you like the desert climate, the Hispanic influence, and the lower cost of living - you'll be fine. I took a whopping 50% pay cut by moving here, but my rent is so cheap, along with being able to walk to work - it all works out.

People are bitter, cold? Bull@#$%. Cruces is a real-person type of community. If you show up at the farmer's market in your capri pants and companion lap dog bickering about the price of locally grown chiles, then F you. Consider embracing the local culture and bending your ways to that of the place you've conquered, through whatever means.

Looks like another American Primadonna above whining about lack of "human perfection."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces