Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces
 [Register]
Las Cruces Dona Ana County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 09:14 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,237,912 times

Advertisements

You can only make reservations for amost all campsites beginning March 1, 2010. Otherwise, the park is mainly experiencing light use until that date, and reservations are not required/accepted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 06:36 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,034,512 times
Ok, I guess I was expecting it to be filled but I guess it's a slow time considering it's a bit cold at night and the youngsters are back in school. Thanks for the help guys.

Is there trees and vegetation at the camp sites? Like a forest type environment or is it mainly desert?

Old 10-08-2009, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danieloneil01 View Post
Ok, I guess I was expecting it to be filled but I guess it's a slow time considering it's a bit cold at night and the youngsters are back in school. Thanks for the help guys.

Is there trees and vegetation at the camp sites? Like a forest type environment or is it mainly desert?
It is mainly a desert type setting at the Butte, but someone cared enough to make trees part of the landscape, while keeping most all natural desert plants in place. When you arrive there, check out desrt cove campground, they have preserved a huge beautiful barrell cactus near a trail. It's big.

The entire park at Elephant Butte is highly maintained, very clean and comfortable. Restrooms/showers are kept open right through the entire winter.

Old 02-08-2010, 11:18 AM

Default Four Wheeling Partner or Couple?

Spring is almost here and I'm looking for friends to go off roading with.

I tried a google search for 4 wheel clubs, but there aren't any in my area (Sierra County).

I'm not into anything radical, just some trips to the Caballo's and the Black Range on forest trails.

DM me if you're in the area, maybe we could do some planning together.

Old 02-10-2010, 01:59 PM

150 posts, read 317,363 times
Talking Looking to rent a RV or Camper for elephant butte

Anyone have a RV they are willing to rent out in the middle of March for a few days? I live in Albuquerque and go down to the Butte a lot. I normally rent an RV from a local RV company, but the one I normally use has closed their doors here in Albuquerque and the national companies want to charge an arm and leg.

I would be willing to leave my 2009 F-150 behind for collateral. I'm not looking for anything big. 19' - 25' would be just fine. Bigger is ok too, but I am looking for an RV and not a pull behind camper.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Mark

Old 02-15-2010, 09:05 AM

150 posts, read 317,363 times
Shucks...no luck...dang!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces