Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces
 [Register]
Las Cruces Dona Ana County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2009, 09:55 PM

3 posts, read 7,400 times

Advertisements

I have seen a few houses for sale on larger lots in a subdivision in Dona Ana. Its East of Del Ray Blvd and the area borders between (south of) Westmoreland Ave (Co Rd DO32) and (north of) Sand Hill Rd (Co Rd D030). It also appears there is a mobile home park just North of this area.

Is this a good area to live and how does it compare to the Sonoma Ranch area? Any problems I should be aware of? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 12:57 AM

1,663 posts, read 3,704,307 times
Well, it appears to be in the county so you'll need to check on things like septic tanks, gas, etc. I'm not sure if they have sewer out there or not.

Sonoma Ranch probably has better infrastructure and road connections. But I would say it's a matter of which area you personally like more.

Old 12-02-2009, 07:52 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,284,715 times
That area of Del Rey is middle class. Sonoma is upper middle class. You'll have very different neighbors and less services but a bigger lot! I would be more comfortable on Del Rey personally. Rural suburbs compared to urban. Some areas of Del Rey not too far from where you're looking are pretty bad but it's separated and you'd only see them if you continued north on La Reina.

Old 12-02-2009, 12:08 PM

TKO....thanks much for the info. I too like the bigger lot! Though I like to ride bicycle and take long walks and was a bit worried about the neigborhood. So is that "pretty bad" looking areas or bad neighborhoods? Thanks!

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 01-07-2015 at 09:42 AM..

Old 12-03-2009, 06:41 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,284,715 times
Mostly just bad looking, old trailers and junk, etc. If you were to go walking through their yard you'd have a problem but there are many, many wide open arroyos out there closer to your area that would be just perfect for hikes and such. Matter of fact I've hiked and 4 wheeled on many of them. ATVs/dirtbikes may be an issue if they bother you.

Old 12-04-2009, 02:24 AM

15 posts, read 85,235 times
I live in that area (Webb Rd).. and agree with the previous comments about it starting to look ugly up La Reina.. but as far as crime and neighbors and all that, I have never (knock on wood) had any type of issue. I prefer the spread out, openness, large lot and all that to the typical cruces subdivisions.

Traffic stays relatively low.. I lived in Las Colinas previously and those streets were like the Indy 500.. around here, we take walks and ride our bikes freely without major concern. Good luck either way!

Old 12-04-2009, 05:44 AM

Thanks much for all the replies!

Your responses tell me to give the area a try. Am flying out there in a few weeks to check it out myself and hopefully buy too. I really like the openness and large lot compared to the shoebox sized lots seen in other subdivisions like Sonoma. Just hope the dirt bike and ATV noise in surrounding arroyo's isnt too bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces