Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 06:52 PM

8 posts, read 13,192 times

Advertisements

Pink String--Thanks for the info! I guess the main reason for wanting to move to LV is that we are tired of shoveling snow and I think there has to be many more opportunities in LV than in SD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2007, 06:57 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,208,368 times
Had a client who joined IBEW after retiring from the navy. Worker out well for him. Huge amount of union work on the strip. Residental stuff is mostly non-union though mostly non-hispanic. Local who does much of the custom houses out this way is a girl. The site Buzz gave you has contact information. I think you need to be in Vegas before they will really deal with you. Local custom not to deal with people that have not actually moved here.

Old 07-01-2007, 07:39 PM

Thanks Olecapt! I think work on the strip would be a blast if I could get into the IBEW, but if that does not work I do Have extensive experiance in custom homes,last year our company wired a 20,000 and an 16,000 SQ ft home.

Old 07-01-2007, 08:41 PM

Thanks Yellowsnow, I live in the eastern part of SD, when you get on the outskirts of town you can litterly see for miles and miles,nothing but open prarie,and no hills or mountains,those are in the western part of the state.

Old 07-02-2007, 12:27 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,359,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Reasonable houses start at around 250K....maybe even 225K. 1000sf 2 story 3 br 2 bath. small lots. Basically patio homes. Older homes with reasonable lots can be had for 250K. Got to be careful about the schools.
Not in a neighborhood I'd want to live in. And 1000 sq. ft? You might as well get a tent.

Old 07-02-2007, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by discovery444 View Post
Thanks Buzz 123 Yes I have thought about the union,unfortunatley the area of S.D. I am in has no IBEW, in fact most of the state is merit shops. But the IBEW is a great organization if we move to Vegas I may explore that option.Is there a rep I could contact?
I don't have any names other than what's on that website.

Old 07-02-2007, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
Not in a neighborhood I'd want to live in. And 1000 sq. ft? You might as well get a tent.
How about across the street from you? There are seven houses within a 1000 yards of your front gate that sell between 225 and 250K. They range in size from 950 to 1300 SF.

Yeah I know...you would not live across the street from yourself....

Last edited by olecapt; 07-02-2007 at 08:19 AM..

Old 07-02-2007, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
How about across the street from you? There are seven houses within a 1000 yards of your front gate that sell between 225 and 250K. They range in size from 950 to 1300 SF.

Yeah I know...you would not live across the street from yourself....
A. You know we all opposed those houses and were sold out by the city council.
2. Those are not only small they are poorly designed interiors even though they look ok on the outside; but I think you are wrong on your sizes. I haven't been in them since they sold out but I don't recall them being that small.
6. Our community brings up their value and they pull ours down. But most people know the difference between a Cadillac and a Kia.
6.a. It is such a small community over there it doesn't really matter, just like ours is small and doesn't matter to you. The new homes to the east and west of us are more expensive than ours.
C. They have actually kept that neighborhood up nicely, but you know you can't find homes that nice in that price range anymore. At least not in a nice neighborhood.
C. Why the he** are you always running down our neighborhood? It's one of the nicest in town. Is it because you think this community spoiled your rural preservation area and you opposed them being built? I would have too if I had built a custom in this neighborhood expecting it to remain rural. But I didn't build them, they were already here, and I felt sorry for people like the guy on 2½ acres behind me. Then what did he do? He subdivided. Since there wasn't anything anyone could do at that point why shouldn't I buy one? I feel the same way about the houses surounding Tule Springs. I wish they would all burn down and those who allowed them to be built would be shot, but that ain't gonna happen, so I'd buy one of those too.
AND: 8½. I thought you weren't supposed to steer?

Old 07-02-2007, 08:52 PM

Default Someday...

That is actually a fun story...how all that happened. But We have already hijacked this thread past proper behavior.

And I will also sell the 250K houses rather than the 500K houses...for the same amount of effort and money you can sell 3 or 4 times the little guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: