Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 02:38 PM

1 posts, read 2,693 times

Advertisements

I live in Hollywood Ranch and it is a safe area. Most of the "problem" neighborhoods there are closer to Nellis, especially around Samstown (boulder Highway and Nellis). We get a paper everyweek that has a crime map in it there very little around Hollywood Ranch itself. There are a lot of kids that go to the high school across the street, but for the most part they are well behaved. The HOA just switched to a new company in 2011, it is $95 /month dues. Dont know yet if the new comany is good or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 05:53 PM

1,282 posts, read 1,904,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by home4suzy View Post
I think I have found some really nice looking townhouses, built around 2007, at very good prices at Hollywood Ranch in 89122. Has anyone lived that side, how is the area? Is there some reason that these newish homes are selling cheap? Is the area safe? It is a gated community. How about HOA? Any information will be greatly appreciated.
I have never lived over there but I do notice that the area has foul smells sometimes in the summer especially.

Old 06-09-2011, 07:14 PM

848 posts, read 1,724,409 times
It is near the Wetlands Park and a sewer treatment plant. I have hiked along the "urban river" at the Wetlands Park, no foul smell on the "urban river" (treated water flowing back to Lake Mead) it actually smells like laundry water with a scent of detergent but I guess from time to time there will be odor coming from the sewer treatment plant.

Old 03-18-2012, 10:21 AM

1 posts, read 2,342 times
when i moved here in 2009 it was NICE ,of course we got screwd over by dh horton, they said that they were going to build a comm. park within months .its been 3 yrs. and my kid has almost outgrown this park(OR PILE OF DIRT) she never got to enjoy it(big reason why i moved here) and its still a bunch of rocks and dirt with hazardous rebars sticking out on certain areas. and know were facing a new problem,there is a bunch of rentals in this community and were dealing with a bunch of section 8 people (low income families) nothing wrong, but now we deal with late night hip hop playing out from their garages,ocasional domestic fights,loud as mofos having their reg. conversations(which is loud tone for any one else),pealing out the street, i get doged every time i come out. and again i own my condo and their just renting,so i gota deal with that day by day. im sick of it. i was forced to get a gun permit for all these reasons,I OWN,THEY RENT I STAY THEY COME AND GO.it is starting to look like mLk street .AT 2 am youl see them wonderin around as if it is daylight, cars come and go all night from one of my new neigbors across the street it. is the new west side on the east side ghetto ghetto ghetto! SO HIDE YOUR KIDS HIDE YOUR WIFE CAUSE THEYRE COMING TO GET YA.im not racist im just fed up with this unfriendly invasion and i write what i see it sucks ass especially when you see prostitutes walking up and down vegas valley and nellis.my opinion move out or dont bother buying in this area IT HAS CHANGED IN THESE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS.//www.city-data.com/blogs/images/smilies/smack.gif

Old 09-18-2015, 12:09 PM

1 posts, read 1,148 times
This place has changed for the WORST over the last year or so. There is a new HOA and they are HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!! They are the FIRST HOA to hand out fines for anything, and I do mean anything! They don't listen to residents input on the neighborhood. Talking to some of the residents here, they are planning on dumping there homes here BECAUSE of EPIC HOA! The only thing EPIC HOA cares about is making money, they don't care about the residents. You've been warned ... stay out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas