Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 06:31 PM

4,041 posts, read 2,908,738 times

Advertisements

Thanks for all of the ideas and advice everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2010, 06:58 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,359,111 times
Re: Blue Man Group; I don't think it's the music, it's the show. He'll love it unless he's from a place that has top entertainment and he is already jaded. Hel*, I'm jaded myself, and I really like BMG.

Same thing with Love at the Mirage. You won't believe what they do with Beetles music, and even a 13 year old would Love it. http://www.mirage.com/entertainment/love.aspx

I even noticed that half the audience at Jersey Boys was made up of young people who were really into it.

Too bad they won't be here on Nov 27. TSO is in town that day. Great show.
Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Official website

BTW: The kid is 13. Let the adults decide what they want to see, and tell the kid that's where you are all going.

Old 10-24-2010, 07:00 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,594,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
Too bad they won't be here on Nov 27. TSO is in town that day. Great show.
Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Official website
Ahhhhhh, you're killing me! I have seen this show for the past 2 years and will be out of town this year. I wish they came more than just one day!

Old 10-24-2010, 07:03 PM

932 posts, read 2,348,019 times
Mac King (Harrah's) and Nathan Burton (Flamingo) have family-friendly magic shows that might appeal to the kids.

Old 10-24-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
Ahhhhhh, you're killing me! I have seen this show for the past 2 years and will be out of town this year. I wish they came more than just one day!
Where are you going? Maybe they'll be apearing near where you're going. There are two TSO's as I understand it: one for the east coast and one for the west.

Old 10-24-2010, 10:13 PM

2,502 posts, read 8,921,814 times
My brother enjoyed Blue Man Group at 14 a number years ago, so I don't think it's a bad choice at all for a 13 year old. As someone said before, it's not about the music, it's about the whole experience. The show really excites all the senses in a way that's just plain fun.

I also saw a mention of Jerseys Boys, which is by far one of my favorite shows. Amazingly funny and a great performance overall. I highly recommend it. Some of the humor is a bit raunchy, but I think it's tame enough for a young teenager.

Old 10-24-2010, 11:27 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,867,365 times
Human Nature at Imperial Palace.

Old 10-25-2010, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radraja View Post
My brother enjoyed Blue Man Group at 14 a number years ago, so I don't think it's a bad choice at all for a 13 year old. As someone said before, it's not about the music, it's about the whole experience. The show really excites all the senses in a way that's just plain fun.

I also saw a mention of Jerseys Boys, which is by far one of my favorite shows. Amazingly funny and a great performance overall. I highly recommend it. Some of the humor is a bit raunchy, but I think it's tame enough for a young teenager.
Are you sure we're talking about the same Jersey Boys?

Old 10-25-2010, 01:07 AM

351 posts, read 837,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by owelles View Post
Mac King (Harrah's) and Nathan Burton (Flamingo) have family-friendly magic shows that might appeal to the kids.
Be sure you find a good discount on these tickets-easy to find at the half price outlets.

Old 10-25-2010, 02:02 PM

579 posts, read 1,210,302 times
I have teenagers, and aside from the other ideas already recommened, my kids have seen the Knight Tournament at Excalibur, which was nice.

Now what I TRULY miss is Ceasar's Magical Empire. You had magic while waiting in the main room, and from there went on to different tunnels and ended up in the spirit bar. When you get to your dining area (which seems like you are down in a medieval dungeon) they do magic the entire time you are eating, tableside. The waiters used to "guess" your order, you weren't supposed to tell them. They turned the water into wine, and there was a good kids menu. It was family friendly but not boring for the adults. I wish they'd bring that back.

A lot of times we do events that are here for a short period instead of just the strip shows. I'd go to Thomas and Mack or Orleans Arena etc.......We've done The Globe Trotters, American Idol Tour, Monster Truck, there really are just so many, many options.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: