Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 10:54 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,580,240 times

Advertisements

Id like to take my gf up to the Mount Charleston lodge for Christmas or sometime in December. Kind of a romantic holiday getaway for the two of us

Does anybody have any gift ideas for a girl whos 23 going on 24?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2010, 11:12 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,475,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Id like to take my gf up to the Mount Charleston lodge for Christmas or sometime in December. Kind of a romantic holiday getaway for the two of us

Does anybody have any gift ideas for a girl whos 23 going on 24?
If she's into the sparkly bling thing, I'd suggest going to the Fantastic Indoor Swap Meet on Decatur. The booth to the right, soon as you enter has gorgeously blinged out crystal watches for about $40.00, there's another booth in there that has blinged out sunglasses for around that price as well.

I think most girls that age are into the sparkly thing, the kids I know that age are!

A cozy weekend at the Lodge sounds nice too!

Old 11-11-2010, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
If she's into the sparkly bling thing, I'd suggest going to the Fantastic Indoor Swap Meet on Decatur. The booth to the right, soon as you enter has gorgeously blinged out crystal watches for about $40.00, there's another booth in there that has blinged out sunglasses for around that price as well.

I think most girls that age are into the sparkly thing, the kids I know that age are!

A cozy weekend at the Lodge sounds nice too!
I dont think she has to many blinged out things now that I think about it. FOr my generation I think its a nice change that she is different.

Bling is played out now IMO its been "in" since circa 2001. I love my hip hop and rnb music MomMom but Im getting more into the "old school" tracks on the late 80s an early 90s but thats just me, and I think a lot of people my age are pretty much over hip hop now. I see a lot more "skaters" now than I did back in 2005 when being a gangsta was still "in" And more and more of my generation is getting into the "old school" and "classic rock" of the 70s 80s and 90s. Back when music was still music. Cant believe Im saying this but I've gotten sick of 98.5 KLUC now never thought that would happen, but the music they've been playing has been just awful

I'll still take a look at that swap meet because Im sure I can find her something, the suggestion is appreciated. Is it across the street from the Target on Decatur and 95?

Old 11-11-2010, 11:29 AM

Quote:
I dont think she has to many blinged out things now that I think about it. FOr my generation I think its a nice change that she is different.

Bling is played out now IMO its been "in" since circa 2001. I love my hip hop and rnb music MomMom but Im getting more into the "old school" tracks on the late 80s an early 90s but thats just me, and I think a lot of people my age are pretty much over hip hop now. I see a lot more "skaters" now than I did back in 2005 when being a gangsta was still "in" And more and more of my generation is getting into the "old school" and "classic rock" of the 70s 80s and 90s. Back when music was still music. Cant believe Im saying this but I've gotten sick of 98.5 KLUC now never thought that would happen

I'll still take a look at that swap meet because Im sure I can find her something, the suggestion is appreciated. Is it across the street from the Target on Decatur and 95?
No, corner of Decatur and Oakey.

I guess what goes around comes around again, late 80's music, some of my kids love the 70's classic punk and rock and yes...DISCO!!!

You'll do good by her Davie, your heart is in the right place and she'll know it! Have fun!

Old 11-11-2010, 11:30 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times
it's further south Decatur and Oakie....East side of the street.

Old 11-11-2010, 11:37 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times
...just don't buy her an engagement ring, whatever you do.

Old 11-11-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
...just don't buy her an engagement ring, whatever you do.
HAHAH good one JFK

No thats not going to happen for quite awhile

I might head to that swap meet today Decatur and Oakey isnt too far from my place

And to MomMom I've always loved music from the 80s and early 90s, since I was about 12. I even have the first CD I bought which is an 80s CD, the thing is 8 years old, scratched to sh*t and still plays. Im listening to one of my older cds right now. Im playing Peter Gabriel's "Big Time"

Old 11-11-2010, 12:06 PM

2,457 posts, read 4,724,207 times
Never met a women yet that did not like clothing items for a gift.

Old 11-11-2010, 12:14 PM

450 posts, read 1,514,528 times
Or you could do a spa day for her. Usually run under $200.00 for a combination of different things, if she's into that of course. There's a place in the Ultimate Electronics plaza that's going to be opening soon at Ann rd. and 95 called Bella Grande. They have a package for a facial, pedicure, and manicure for $120.00 or something like that.

Otherwise, I think the weekend getaway at the Lodge or cabins up there would be nice and romantic. Book early though, i'd have to assume during ski season, there is limited availability.

Old 11-11-2010, 12:14 PM

Quote:
HAHAH good one JFK

No thats not going to happen for quite awhile

I might head to that swap meet today Decatur and Oakey isnt too far from my place

And to MomMom I've always loved music from the 80s and early 90s, since I was about 12. I even have the first CD I bought which is an 80s CD, the thing is 8 years old, scratched to sh*t and still plays. Im listening to one of my older cds right now. Im playing Peter Gabriel's "Big Time"
The Swap Meet is only open on Friday, Sat and Sunday, you might check first before going, because it's a holiday, they might be open today...

877-0087

Loved the 80's, good music decade!

A bit of 80's trivia..remember the one hit song "Mickey" by Toni Basil? Toni is from Las Vegas and that uniform she wears, the cheerleading one? If you notice it's from Las Vegas High School, her alma mater...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas