Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 01:06 PM

9 posts, read 27,860 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am from out of state and frequently come in and out of town on a regular basis. So far I opened accounts with two major banks and had nightmare experiences with both. From what I can see, most of the employees tend to be young and inexperienced.

Since I tend to deal with high volume transactions I can't afford to take chances with people who take a too much of a laid back approach and don't respect the time constraints of their customers. So I prefer to deal with more senior staff, who I can have a lasting business relationship with and as well have the authority to perform get things don't quickly. (Hope this didn't come off as a rant)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2010, 03:35 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,316,930 times
Did you try Wells Fargo? We've used them for the past 10 years and have always had great service. They are always kind and courteous plus they go beyond basic customer service.

Old 11-17-2010, 03:48 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,485,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calisojo View Post
Hi,

I am from out of state and frequently come in and out of town on a regular basis. So far I opened accounts with two major banks and had nightmare experiences with both. From what I can see, most of the employees tend to be young and inexperienced.

Since I tend to deal with high volume transactions I can't afford to take chances with people who take a too much of a laid back approach and don't respect the time constraints of their customers. So I prefer to deal with more senior staff, who I can have a lasting business relationship with and as well have the authority to perform get things don't quickly. (Hope this didn't come off as a rant)
Bank of George, Russell Road and 215 Beltway area

bankofgeorge.com

Old 11-18-2010, 02:17 AM

654 posts, read 1,324,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Did you try Wells Fargo? We've used them for the past 10 years and have always had great service. They are always kind and courteous plus they go beyond basic customer service.
I've always had the opposite experience with Wells Fargo. They hold my mortgage out here. Six (6) different times at SIX DIFFERENT branches I've requested a followup to refinance. Every time I've been promised a followup call; not once have I received one. I could accept (albeit unhappily) if someone said I'm not a good candidate or the local market's a hot potato they don't want to touch, but we don't even get that far. Empty promises. I have a checking account with them & it's been the same way. Couldn't get online bill pay to work, a lot of head scratching & no followup. Bad information from the online support team. Phantom charges that can't be explained & take forever to get removed.

But ... after they can't answer my question, they sure can try to cross-sell me other products they offer! That's probably the best thing I can say about Wells Fargo right now. They sure know how to sell me other stuff after they haven't addressed my question! So, I leave just a few dollars in my checking account & let it sit there, counting the days until I can either refinance elsewhere or pay off the mortgage. Believe me, I would much rather have a reliable checking account that I can use regularly so I can auto-transfer the mortgage payment every month. Sadly, it's much easier to bank elsewhere & pay the mortgage from there.

Of course, you could be giving better information than me, as they have a good corporate reputation. Maybe I need to go to your branch, Pink! Consider me another data point.

OP, have you tried either Chase or CitiBank? They're both national (or at least close to it). Surprisingly, I've had very good service to date at Chase; I expected more corporate indifference, but they've been quite good. I also have an account with Bank of the West & so far, so good.

Old 11-18-2010, 03:21 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,316,930 times
We have used 3 branches of Wells Fargo since we've lived here, and they are always too helpful in my opinion. The first was on Cimarron/Sahara. The second was on Craig, near MLK. And the third is on Aliante Parkway/215 beltway. (Smiths shopping center.) It's mainly my husband's bank. Plus our mortgage is with them.

I had a bad experience with Wells Fargo back in California, with the kind of non-attention you received, so I do my own banking at Chase, which used to be Washington Mutual, and I liked them better as Wamu. Not sure if I will keep the Chase account once the monthly fee's start up. Probably won't. Right now, it's free checking as long as I keep letting $25 go into savings automatically every month. That was a leftover promo from Wamu.
I may be checking out the Bank of George or Bank of the west above, or end up at Wells fargo. Either add on to the main account or get my own.

Old 11-18-2010, 04:20 AM

848 posts, read 1,726,092 times
I bank with Citbank at the Lakes. Nice courteous older staff. I've got no problems with them, also my mortgage is with Citimortgage so it's really convenient for me.

Old 11-18-2010, 09:27 AM

930 posts, read 1,820,786 times
no bank is going to be helpful if your dealing with mortgage refinancing in this day and age, but if your just interested in day to day business, I agree that Wells Fargo seems to have the most efficient and courteous customer service. but I hardly go into a branch office anymore since almost all normal bank business can be handled electronically nowadays.

Old 11-18-2010, 11:19 AM

9 posts, read 27,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post

Thanks for the reply guys. Similar to delgadobb, I tried Wells Fargo but didn't have a good experience with them. I agree they are pretty friendly but as far as red tape and ease of banking they are pretty tedious to deal with. . .not to mention charges galore!

I would prefer to deal with Bank of America but had similar experience here.

I did hear good things from Chase. But opening an account with them is like pulling teeth.

Maybe I'll look into Citibank next time I head back into town.

Old 11-18-2010, 06:16 PM

4,043 posts, read 2,913,983 times
I like Nevada State Bank. They have been very helpful with a real estate transaction, transfer of funds and notary services. They always have a personal banker available at the branch I use.

Old 11-18-2010, 08:13 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,414,870 times
I like Chase, and had no problems opening an account there. The benefit, is that I am across the country, and can deposti money into other accounts in Vegas, and transfer money on line between accounts at Chase. I am usuall in several states, and Chase has worked for me. The one thing that does drive me crazy about them, is that they have a "pending" balance. So, I check my account balance, and it is less than I think it is...because they post the money out of the account, before the automatic deduction actually occurs. Strange. They just want to use the money, no doubt...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas