Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2011, 06:54 PM

16 posts, read 27,083 times

Advertisements

I currently live in Michigan with my wife and we have both lived here all our lives. We are looking for a place to live short-term, possibly long-term. Short-term being that we are looking for a good graduate school to attend for a few years; long-term being if after we graduate and we like the area then we may plan to stay.

We are in our late 20’s/early 30’s, have 2 dogs (boxers), and no children (currently, but planning to have them soon) and are both special education teachers. I personally don’t mind the snow or colder winters, but my wife hates them. After living in one place for 30 years I wouldn’t mind a change of pace, even a drastic one at that.

Gun Laws – Being a proud gun owner, I’d like to live somewhere that is gun friendly; meaning that the state/city doesn’t prevent its law abiding citizens from carrying a firearm for the purpose of self defense, or have a bunch of regulations in place. I’m licensed in Michigan to carry concealed, and you may also open carry in the state with/without a license. How are the gun laws/regulations there? Is there any “state/national/federal land” nearby where you can target shoot/hunt?

Dog friendly – We have 2 (bigger) dogs. Any breed restrictions? Are there any dog parks where the dogs can run off leash?

Teaching Jobs/Pay – How is the availability of teacher jobs (particularly in special education)? How is the pay for a first year teacher?

Last edited by scirocco22; 01-02-2011 at 07:09 PM..

Old 01-02-2011, 07:12 PM

11,177 posts, read 16,021,941 times
Since you posted almost the exact same request on various boards throughout C-D (Tampa, Sarasota, Miami, Savannah, Wilmington, New Orleans, etc.), I'm going to give you the same answer you received on one of those boards: conduct your own general research. Once you narrow down your search to one or two cities, then it would be appropriate to ask its members to provide answers to some specific questions. And stating that you don't have time to search through posts for answers to your questions is not a way to endear yourself to the forum. You're basically saying that your time is too important to read though all those posts, so you want us to use our time to compose new responses to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDubbbs View Post
Currently I don't have time to rifle through tons of old posts that may (or most likely may NOT) answer the questions I have asked.
Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas