Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 10:46 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,285,615 times

Advertisements

Chart: Owing more than home is worth - USATODAY.com

Not good, guess this will begin the "BOTTOM" debte once more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2011, 11:30 AM

1,347 posts, read 2,449,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Chart: Owing more than home is worth - USATODAY.com

Not good, guess this will begin the "BOTTOM" debte once more.
No, certainly not good, but there's an important distinction to be made between "all homeowners" and "all homeowners with a mortgage".

Old 02-08-2011, 12:25 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,044,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony soprano View Post
No, certainly not good, but there's an important distinction to be made between "all homeowners" and "all homeowners with a mortgage".
Very true but even if you don't have a mortgage, it hurts to have one of your biggest assets go down in value consistently. It makes you feel poorer.

But this will change. Sooner or later.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:46 PM

687 posts, read 1,945,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
Very true but even if you don't have a mortgage, it hurts to have one of your biggest assets go down in value consistently. It makes you feel poorer.

But this will change. Sooner or later.
It's already changing. The best locations and deals have been gone for awhile. Prices for desirable properties have been increasing. Don't let all the negativism depress you. - Croce

Old 02-08-2011, 01:27 PM

56 posts, read 166,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croce View Post
It's already changing. The best locations and deals have been gone for awhile. Prices for desirable properties have been increasing. Don't let all the negativism depress you. - Croce
Thats simply is not true, at least not in Las Vegas. I am in the market to buy a home and I research homes in my area daily. Values in Vegas are still going down even in the nicest parts of town like Summerlin.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:54 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,215,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelar75 View Post
Thats simply is not true, at least not in Las Vegas. I am in the market to buy a home and I research homes in my area daily. Values in Vegas are still going down even in the nicest parts of town like Summerlin.
It goes both ways. There are models and tracts that are still decreasing,,,there are some quite stable and some increasing.

There is a pronounced and obvious drop in the price of REOs which is clearly drivng the price of the smaller and cheaper homes down..and pretty sharply.

Shorts appear stable. Some weakness in classics in the last quarter of last year.

Overall a small decline concentrated in the lower end properties.

Old 02-08-2011, 03:30 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,285,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelar75 View Post
Banks are sitting on boat loads of inventory they won't release because they are waiting for values to rise and if they sell they have to take their losses for real on the books.
Something will give at some point IMO.

Old 02-08-2011, 05:49 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,215,465 times
Banks own very little. They service these loans...don't own them.

There is talk that BofA is about to repurchase a whole mess of mortgage pools but it still appears to be talk.

So no they are not holding any huge amount of property.

The more interesting question is whether they are foreclosing as fast as they could or are being delayed by the process or their own interests. Note that a bank gets dinged heavily for non-performikng assets.

Old 02-08-2011, 06:54 PM

848 posts, read 1,724,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony soprano View Post
An even better distinction between the two is that one already lost while the other is about to lose!

Old 02-08-2011, 07:06 PM

2,724 posts, read 4,765,438 times
Everybody should just walk... screw the greedy banks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: