Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 11:33 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peltzman View Post
I have an interview on Monday to work in the Players Club. I do have a full-time day job and am looking for hours in the evening and weekends. Will they frown on the fact that I have a full time job. Should I even bother.
The only problem that might arise is Conflict of Interest IF your other job is Player related.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2007, 10:42 PM

1 posts, read 8,308 times
Default Venetian Interview

I just finished an online application for the venetian and it asked me to schedule an interview with them. This seems odd because it is the first time that I have come upon something like this. First, I want to ask if this is common for the venetian and second, what the address was to said interview...I accidently clicked out of that screen that showed the address

Old 09-11-2007, 09:34 AM

201 posts, read 964,118 times
Yes, it is common. All online applications are done this way. Your 1st interview will most likely be held at the corporate office on warm springs off the 215. You will receive an email confirmation with location & phone #.

Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyjr2007 View Post
I just finished an online application for the venetian and it asked me to schedule an interview with them. This seems odd because it is the first time that I have come upon something like this. First, I want to ask if this is common for the venetian and second, what the address was to said interview...I accidently clicked out of that screen that showed the address

Old 09-11-2007, 03:44 PM

697 posts, read 3,278,257 times
I have a phone interview with the Venetian too for a security job. I hope it goes well. I am assuming I will have to be in person for any following interviews and does anyone know how accomodating they are. I will not be there until the begining of October to look for a house. Does anyone know how this process works?

Old 09-11-2007, 05:11 PM

They will be accomadating. The Security Dept is quite under staffed, especially for the upcoming Pallazzo opening. The opening has been delayed until at least end of December. As long as your background checks out and you have somewhat relevant experience.....your in no prob. Typically there are 3 interviews. One with HR then two with Dept Managers. I'll assume the later need to be in person but not sure in your case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjski21 View Post
I have a phone interview with the Venetian too for a security job. I hope it goes well. I am assuming I will have to be in person for any following interviews and does anyone know how accomodating they are. I will not be there until the begining of October to look for a house. Does anyone know how this process works?

Old 09-11-2007, 05:52 PM

697 posts, read 3,278,257 times
Thank you for the info. I don't have any security experience but I do have 3 years of law enforcment and two tours to Iraq under my belt so I am hoping for the best.

Old 02-14-2008, 08:52 AM

2 posts, read 15,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejl127 View Post
Do you live in Vegas now?

I think it's pretty job specific. Just be prepared to explain your current/past work history and how it applies & why you're choosing the Venetian, and what you bring to the table. As with all employers they feel they are the best of the best and that any employee is lucky to be "chosen" to be there. In my case I first met with an HR rep at headquarters. Kind of a prelim. Got the feeling they wanted to make sure I could walk and chew gum, but at the same time the rep gave some good info/insights on the rest of the interviewing process which will include two more interviews (standard procedure before offer).

Good luck, I work there so fire away with any questions.

What position are you going for?
Have been told on 4 to5 occasions that I have job, completed all paper work. Last 3 weeks have been told that I will receive call from Employment center for Thursday orientation, no calls. What could be going on?

Old 02-14-2008, 08:57 AM

2 posts, read 15,750 times
Default Venetian

Have received calls from from Guest Service managers advising I have job. One stated that he saw my name on Payroll card. Advised last 3 weeks by phone that I will receive call to go a thursaday orientation. No call. All paper work is done. Told by Hotel managers they need people. What's going on?

Old 02-14-2008, 04:57 PM

196 posts, read 920,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yammer17 View Post
Have received calls from from Guest Service managers advising I have job. One stated that he saw my name on Payroll card. Advised last 3 weeks by phone that I will receive call to go a thursaday orientation. No call. All paper work is done. Told by Hotel managers they need people. What's going on?
I'm in the interivewing process as well. from what I've seen, as with any big employer i've applied or worked for, they seem rather unorganized and bureaucratic. Different people calling me everytime from different offices. When i was in for the interview, people were waiting forever and they screwed up the list of names waiting for appointments. they said they would call me in a week or two no matter what happens. I wouldn't be surprised if I hear nothing after 2 weeks, only to call them and tell me, "oops, we lost your application!"

Old 02-14-2008, 06:12 PM

Talktobrent pretty much nailed it. You also have to remember they have thousands of applicants so i'm sure things are a bit crazy. No excuse but most likely reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas