Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 11:49 PM

1,125 posts, read 1,590,583 times

Advertisements

I live in 89085 but I can see the Decatur/Grand Teton intersection from my bedroom window. Very nice area, but in my opinion the North Vegas area is slightly better (less houses, less kids walking to school, etc.)

Fair warning, the major rain/snow storm we had in December caused the Decatur/Grand Teton intersection to flood in a major way. I believe some folks actually had cars that took damage and I know that the road was closed for a good part of the day until the water subsided. Keep that in mind, while it only rains once in a while, I have seen 2 big floods in the area since June 08.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2011, 04:17 PM

363 posts, read 442,813 times
Sounds great! Put in a bid! Hopefully it works out!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-22-2011, 04:48 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,593,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas2005 View Post
Nice area to rent, but I wouldn't buy there because the southern part of that area is not good, near Santa Fe, Rancho and ?

My friend loved it there, and lived in 89131 for five years before moving out of state, near the Silverstone Ranch area.
The area the OP is asking about is not anywhere near that area. In fact it would take about 15 minutes + to get to Santa Fe.

I lived in this area for 3 years. I think the area asked about is Iron Mountain Ranch? In general it is a pretty nice area. I actually live closer to the Santa Fe in CH and it's not a bad area at all. We sometimes will go there to catch a movie but we tend to prefer Red Rock.

Old 03-22-2011, 04:54 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,593,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
I live in 89085 but I can see the Decatur/Grand Teton intersection from my bedroom window. Very nice area, but in my opinion the North Vegas area is slightly better (less houses, less kids walking to school, etc.)

Fair warning, the major rain/snow storm we had in December caused the Decatur/Grand Teton intersection to flood in a major way. I believe some folks actually had cars that took damage and I know that the road was closed for a good part of the day until the water subsided. Keep that in mind, while it only rains once in a while, I have seen 2 big floods in the area since June 08.
Those intersections in that area always flood when we get a heavy rain...well when I was there. It's not that big of a deal...mostly just standing water until it goes down.

Old 03-22-2011, 05:04 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,749,537 times
My good friend lives in 89131 and she loves it

Old 03-22-2011, 05:09 PM

23,866 posts, read 24,099,797 times
I lived very close to that intersection when we first moved here. As long as you don't mind being pretty far removed from most of the city, and you don't mind the tract housing and HOAs, it's very nice.

Old 03-22-2011, 05:55 PM

84 posts, read 152,909 times
I live on Decatur and Elkhorn with the back of my house facing Decatur and i can say that it USED to be quite, lately they have been doing ALOT of work on the huge lot from Elkhorn/Grand Teton/ Decatur/ Aliente Parkway. I'm not sure what they are leveling this lot for, it's rumored to be commercial. I would suggest go about a block west of decatur to avoid the new "business" of Decatur.

Old 03-22-2011, 07:30 PM

154 posts, read 357,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasto View Post
I live on Decatur and Elkhorn with the back of my house facing Decatur and i can say that it USED to be quite, lately they have been doing ALOT of work on the huge lot from Elkhorn/Grand Teton/ Decatur/ Aliente Parkway. I'm not sure what they are leveling this lot for, it's rumored to be commercial. I would suggest go about a block west of decatur to avoid the new "business" of Decatur.

I agree. Every time we go to the house for a visit, the trip up Decatur is different. Quite an adventure!

Old 03-22-2011, 07:36 PM

91 posts, read 174,994 times
Just drove up there.

Looks very good!

The area around Silversone Golf is excellent.

Old 03-22-2011, 07:37 PM

84 posts, read 152,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyygirl View Post
I agree. Every time we go to the house for a visit, the trip up Decatur is different. Quite an adventure!
It is annoying for the moment but if they build up some nice shops there it should raise the property values which would be nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: