Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 09:29 PM

542 posts, read 1,928,996 times

Advertisements

I've tried helping her and the end result is BOTH of us crying. It's horrible!! I know I need to calm down and me getting worked up doesn't help either of us. However, I get frustrated the she gets frustrated then she doesn't understand and I don't remember! I did this math YEARS ago!! I wasn't cut out to be a teacher and I have no patience PLUS math was never my best subject. I've got a massive headache at this point and I need a freakin drink!!

In addition I'm out of work and haven't started receiving unemployment yet. So I need low to no cost or I need to work on the barter system until unemployment starts. This sucks I need a BIG drink right now!
I found the Clark County Homework Hotline it's from 3:30-5:30 and we will use it in the future. However, I think we need some one/one face time to address this matter.

If anyone can suggest a good Math tutor or a place I can get my daughter (and myself) some FREE help it would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you.

*** Before anyone takes my drinking comments and RUNS with them... NO I haven't been drinking / doing drugs, I'm just stressed the freak out right now!! I'm so not in the mood for the comments***

Old 04-19-2010, 09:51 PM

901 posts, read 1,899,186 times
I know exactly how you feel - very frustrating for all involved.

This may be out of your price range, but we've been using The Tutoring Club for math for our 3rd grader. I believe they have a special right now -- $99/mo for unlimited tutoring, although I believe that price is for weekends only.

We have been impressed with the results. The biggest thing we've noticed is that he has confidence in himself now, which translates to much better performance. They keep the atmosphere relaxed and all the kids seem to enjoy it. Definitely a good investment for us.

Hope this helps!

Old 04-20-2010, 12:27 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,869,992 times
What grade level math? What is the ISBN of her math textbook?

Old 04-20-2010, 11:47 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,247,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingon2vegas View Post
I've tried helping her and the end result is BOTH of us crying. It's horrible!! I know I need to calm down and me getting worked up doesn't help either of us. However, I get frustrated the she gets frustrated then she doesn't understand and I don't remember! I did this math YEARS ago!! I wasn't cut out to be a teacher and I have no patience PLUS math was never my best subject. I've got a massive headache at this point and I need a freakin drink!!

In addition I'm out of work and haven't started receiving unemployment yet. So I need low to no cost or I need to work on the barter system until unemployment starts. This sucks I need a BIG drink right now!
I found the Clark County Homework Hotline it's from 3:30-5:30 and we will use it in the future. However, I think we need some one/one face time to address this matter.

If anyone can suggest a good Math tutor or a place I can get my daughter (and myself) some FREE help it would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you.

*** Before anyone takes my drinking comments and RUNS with them... NO I haven't been drinking / doing drugs, I'm just stressed the freak out right now!! I'm so not in the mood for the comments***
I will buy you a few drinks with no questions asked.

Old 04-20-2010, 06:34 PM

Okay... it was a LONG night and I have now relaxed, related, and released! LOL I feel so much better. I went to her school and wouldn't you know it... they offer math tutoring after school 2 days a week. Funny... I've gotten EVERY permission slip to attend the school dance but this she knew NOTHING about. lol Anywho I've signed her up for that PLUS I spoke with the counselor and found out about another tutoring program. She will now be attending tutoring 3 times a week maybe 4. I'm adding in some reading/writing for good measure! lol I just do NOT have the patience and I am able to admit that.
I give good teachers ALL the credit. I don't know HOW they do it and they should be paid just as much if not MORE then other professions. I'm not just saying that because I'm having issues right now. Teachers and people who work in daycare centers are the MAIN people you don't want pissed off about their checks!! Okay... I won't even start that debate. lol

Do NOT tempt me guess what tonights homework is... MORE MATH :-( @ Las Vegas Drunk

Old 09-09-2010, 07:35 PM

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack!! lol A new school year has begun and ALREADY I'm mumbling "Houston we have a problem". I'm getting ahead of the 8ball this time. I will be hiring a math tutor. ASAP.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:39 PM

404 posts, read 1,196,307 times
If your daughter is eligible for free or reduced lunch and is in a school that has been identified as needing improvement (for four consecutive years) under the No Child Left Behind legislation, she is entitled to tutoring by any approved tutoring vendor for the CCSD. These schools should be listed someplace on the CCSD website.

Old 01-17-2011, 04:05 AM

1 posts, read 3,300 times
talking about barter system, i can help you with your math problems, i can be contacted by phone or email; the only thing i prob want is a place to stay when i am in vegas for a week or so and for that week i can tutor up to 3hrs of math a day or any other subjects; i am a consultant with 2 masters and + who get laid off recently so i am travelling in the mean time. I'll check the board

Old 01-17-2011, 11:45 PM

369 posts, read 772,458 times
There's a tutoring club on Green Valley in Henderson.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:18 AM

241 posts, read 492,332 times
If she's popular at those school dances, I wouldn't worry too much about the math.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas