Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2013, 01:36 PM

529 posts, read 1,390,805 times

Advertisements

Hotel rebranding is common in the industry. Deutsche Bank simply stopped funding the Ritz. Ravella is doing fine, but the new owners of the property wanted a Hilton there instead as that's what Kam Sang has at nearly all of his other properties. The Loews paid WAYtoo much for the property and their mortgage was way too high. Westin is doing great. Parking lot is full, lots of weddings planned. Of course there were more visitors with open golf courses and better economy.

Ok, I'm familiar with that building. I looked at those. I didn't like the entrance through the garage. The buildings were nice and so were the views. The other thing was the 3 HOAs, an un-finished pool and lots of things for homeowners to argue about.

You can buy nice new home in Casa Palermo in the 200's and Belle Fiore/Tremezzo in the low 300s with low dues. Better hurry though, those 'hood are nearly sold out! I have condos in Viera. Dues are relatively high there, but I have the ability for short-term rentals to off set and the ability for me to still use it. The dues also include alot of services in Viera such as electric, gas, water, cable, wireless internet etc, virtually all utilities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2013, 07:34 PM

18 posts, read 43,093 times
Default Thank you for the information

Hi, thank you for the information. We are looking forward to moving into Lake Las Vegas. It looks like things are picking up. We spoke to some of the shop owners and they said things are better. Still trying to figure out the best way to get to the airport. Hoping to get out of the heat in the summer.

Old 04-12-2013, 07:36 PM

2,719 posts, read 3,492,706 times
Its not so much about rebranding. The bottom line, the hotel need to make a money and it is for this reason why hotels keep changing their name as in the case for the hotels in Lake Las Vegas. If the Ritz brand were making money for the owners of a hotel then why change it?

It would be nice for you and the community in Lake Las Vegas if Hilton can bring a positive impact into your community otherwise, it is in for another rebranding.

Old 04-13-2013, 01:26 PM

82 posts, read 203,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newllvresident View Post
Hi
We are in the process of buying a condo at Bergamo. We also looked downtown Las Vegas and everything we saw was cash. Bergamo seemed to be the best option. However, we are retired and do not have to travel daily for work.
I have a few questions.
What is the best way to get to and from the airport?
Did llv ever get a grocery store?
Has anyone joined the hotels local resort clubs that allow you to use their gyms. One bad thing about Beragamo is no gym.
Any hikes/walks to recommend?
Thank you
Welcome to LLV! The nicest gym and pool is at the Lake Club on the South Shore. It's not cheap but IMHO offers good value for money. See The Lake Club - Lake Las Vegas | Developed with an emphasis on privacy and serenity

Old 04-28-2013, 06:51 PM

2 posts, read 4,885 times
Does anyone know what is scheduled to be built next to the lake north of 30 Mantova?

Old 04-29-2013, 07:37 AM

35 posts, read 99,349 times
Nothing............was to be Bldg 40..........not going to happen.

Old 04-29-2013, 06:11 PM

2 posts, read 4,885 times
Good news I think. What do they intend to do with the pads. They are ugly

Old 04-30-2013, 07:42 AM

35 posts, read 99,349 times
Have no idea....probably nothing.

Old 05-02-2013, 07:48 AM

1,631 posts, read 3,953,163 times
This will be interesting to see just what happens.

Investor buys Lake Las Vegas acreage

Old 05-02-2013, 10:01 PM

59 posts, read 199,318 times
Link no longer directs to proper article.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas