Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 09:53 PM

23 posts, read 57,360 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

I have found a home in Anthem Highlands that my girlfriend and I like a lot and for a very reasonable price. My only concern is the commute to and from major shopping (Walmart, Lowes, Best Buy, Sams Club, etc.), the gym, restaraunts, and freeway access.

I drove through the area and it seems like it takes a good 15-20 minutes to reach the 215 and 10-15 minutes to reach I-15. Do any of you live in Anthem or are familiar with the area?

I currently live in Providence and have an easy 5 minute commute to anything imaginable. I am afraid I will get frustrated with the long commute on Eastern Ave.

Profile: 29 y/o male, 27 y/o female, no pets, no children, enjoy outdoor activities, and trying new restaraunts.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2011, 10:16 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,113,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalRon View Post
Hello All,

I have found a home in Anthem Highlands that my girlfriend and I like a lot and for a very reasonable price. My only concern is the commute to and from major shopping (Walmart, Lowes, Best Buy, Sams Club, etc.), the gym, restaraunts, and freeway access.

I drove through the area and it seems like it takes a good 15-20 minutes to reach the 215 and 10-15 minutes to reach I-15. Do any of you live in Anthem or are familiar with the area?

I currently live in Providence and have an easy 5 minute commute to anything imaginable. I am afraid I will get frustrated with the long commute on Eastern Ave.

Profile: 29 y/o male, 27 y/o female, no pets, no children, enjoy outdoor activities, and trying new restaraunts.

Thanks!
then don't take eastern avenue.

Old 10-20-2011, 11:00 PM

579 posts, read 997,651 times
Can you go west to I-15 from there? It sounds like that might be a better route. I'm not exactly sure where you are but the east-west roads must be better than going up Eastern.

Old 10-20-2011, 11:07 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,867,365 times
I live in Anthem Highlands. You must have hit a bad day, traffic-wise. Knock 5-10 mins off your numbers. But be careful going down Democracy (if you would need to); the speed limit is 35 for that stretch even though your coasting car might get up to 45-50. Sometimes Henderson's Finest hang out with radar guns there. Ask me how I know. :-(

Oh -- don't forget that the new road opens soon -- so to get to 15, you take Bicentennial out (once they open that stretch). That will cut even more time off heading out that way.

Last edited by SportyandMisty; 10-20-2011 at 11:30 PM..

Old 10-21-2011, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
then don't take eastern avenue.
I am unfimiliar with the area. Is there a better route you can recommend me to go North/South without getting on I-15?

Old 10-21-2011, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
I live in Anthem Highlands. You must have hit a bad day, traffic-wise. Knock 5-10 mins off your numbers. But be careful going down Democracy (if you would need to); the speed limit is 35 for that stretch even though your coasting car might get up to 45-50. Sometimes Henderson's Finest hang out with radar guns there. Ask me how I know. :-(

Oh -- don't forget that the new road opens soon -- so to get to 15, you take Bicentennial out (once they open that stretch). That will cut even more time off heading out that way.
It was a Saturday around 1pm. Thank you for informing me of the new road connecting to I-15.

How do you like the area? Is it a good place for a young couple? We like to go out and do things fairly often, and I don't want to make an hour trip each time we want to go to the gym, restaraunt, or store.

I thought the drive to and from Anthem was very scenic. It looks like a very nice area.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:08 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,867,365 times
Yes, it is a very nice area. If you like Chinese food (as I do), you'll love the food at China Tango right at Bicentennial & Anthem Parkway. We go out several times/week, but you do need to allow some extra time for travel. There are lots of young couples, young families, mid-lifers, too. The District (Green Valley @ 215) is relatively close by & fun. Towne Square (15 @ 215) is also fun, as is the M. We head to the Strip a couple times/week at night. We pretty quickly became accustomed to the extra commute time, and don't consider it onerous. We like it.

Old 10-21-2011, 03:13 PM

23 posts, read 46,507 times
We're moving to the area next summer and love the Anthem/Henderson area however my other half will be working in Summerlin area prob off hours. This was kinda the concern as well, the commute being 40-50 min? It seems getting to the major roads would take so long. We're considering other areas of town but being so far out was the concern about Anthem. Bicentennial rd will go out to I-15?

Old 10-21-2011, 03:59 PM

2,700 posts, read 4,939,252 times
Hey try coming out to Southenr Cali where I am.. What you are talking about is NOT a commute..It is a walk in the park.. Try 1 hour or more to go 45 miles down the road...

Old 10-21-2011, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCpl2 View Post
Hey try coming out to Southenr Cali where I am.. What you are talking about is NOT a commute..It is a walk in the park.. Try 1 hour or more to go 45 miles down the road...
I'm from California also, so i know what terrible traffic looks like. From Anthem, it will take my girlfriend 25-30 minutes to drive 15 miles to work. According to mapquest and my GPS, that's the shortest route possible.

I'm trying to figure out if there are easier ways to get in and out of Anthem and if the longer commute is worth it?

I love the area and think it is very scenic. It sounds like once bicentennial opens up, the commute should get easier. And according to SportandMisty, the drive is something you get used to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas