Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 08:44 PM

973 posts, read 1,389,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
Where'd y'all get the test from? Anyway?
Tell ya what, I'll start a new thread...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2011, 09:25 PM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
I've always been crazy about Tijuana, thus Tijlover. Back in the mid-90's when I discovered it, I went down there 17 times one year alone! I love that Zona Norte area where there's 40-50 bars all crammed into one area, right next door to one another, the streets lined with hookers, never a worry about getting a DUI, just trying to remember which motel you were staying in at the end of the nite!

I even went overboard one year, regrettably, and bought a building lot in the south Tijuana hills in hopes of building a vacation or retirement home.

To me, the Zona Norte district is just as exciting as the Las Vegas Strip!

Last edited by tijlover; 10-30-2011 at 09:26 PM.. Reason: Edit

Old 10-30-2011, 09:40 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,312,881 times
I've been to Las Vegas so many times I've lost count (probably at least 25 separate trips my whole life, including the many times my parents took me there when I was a kid), so it feels like I'm taking my annual (or semi-annual) "pilgrimage" out there. My parents actually first met each other while both on vacation in Las Vegas, so I wouldn't even exist if it weren't for Vegas. Sounds weird, but I feel like I have some kind of spiritual connection to that desert valley. Tried to move out there twice in 2009 and 2010-- the job situation didn't work out though.

Ironically though, I rarely ever post in the Las Vegas forum.

Old 10-31-2011, 12:26 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times
Ok...since you asked...I'll provide the distinct and direct answer...

Back in the late 90's, the first forum I ever got involved in was a forum dedicated to Las Vegas issues and run by some LV cab driver (who said he designed it as a project for one of his college classes.)

My posting style has never changed, and it was right around the time when JFK Jr's plane went down in the Long Island Sound. Well, you can imagine all these crazy posters coming out of the woodwork and posting messages like they knew him personally and that this was the end of the world to them. Of course, I called them all on it, and a select few, who seem to thrive on dead celebrity worship, got quite upset, as for some, it is their want to do. It then came out in the press that his supermodel wife was pregnant with a male fetus (who was probably destined to be hot, handsome, and a dog, like the rest of Kennedy male clan) at the time of the crash. From that point on, I took on that male fetus' moniker of jfkIII.

I've been hooked on LV forums ever since!

Old 10-31-2011, 12:33 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
OR in lieu of that a total BS one

Old 10-31-2011, 12:50 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,595,057 times
Quote:

Back in the late 90's, the first forum I ever got involved in was a forum dedicated to Las Vegas issues and run by some LV cab driver (who said he designed it as a project for one of his college classes.)

My posting style has never changed, and it was right around the time when JFK Jr's plane went down in the Long Island Sound. Well, you can imagine all these crazy posters coming out of the woodwork and posting messages like they knew him personally and that this was the end of the world to them. Of course, I called them all on it, and a select few, who seem to thrive on dead celebrity worship, got quite upset, as for some, it is their want to do. It then came out in the press that his supermodel wife was pregnant with a male fetus (who was probably destined to be hot, handsome, and a dog, like the rest of Kennedy male clan) at the time of the crash. From that point on, I took on that male fetus' moniker of jfkIII.

I've been hooked on LV forums ever since!
I personally met JFK jr and talked to him while he was waiting to check in a rental car!!!! He rented a jeep cherokee. I didn't recognize him at first. He was really friendly and down to earth.

Old 10-31-2011, 01:17 PM

10,864 posts, read 16,996,765 times
Quote:
My, was I ever wrong about you. Here I thought you were an immature purveyor of toilet humor.

Plane crash jokes and dead-baby gags. I see now. You're a real hero.

Old 10-31-2011, 05:53 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
My, was I ever wrong about you. Here I thought you were an immature purveyor of toilet humor.

Plane crash jokes and dead-baby gags. I see now. You're a real hero.
I hate it when I can't rep great posts!

Old 10-31-2011, 08:45 PM

10,864 posts, read 16,996,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
I hate it when I can't rep great posts!
It's the thought that counts.

Old 10-31-2011, 09:57 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,359,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
I personally met JFK jr and talked to him while he was waiting to check in a rental car!!!! He rented a jeep Cherokee. I didn't recognize him at first. He was really friendly and down to earth.
Heck I met JFK, Sr., before he was Prez, and he was down to earth too. I had yell real loud to stop Ted from crashing into the studio during a live newscast I was directing once. I think I scared him.

They didn't joke about dead babies either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas