Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2011, 11:18 AM

135 posts, read 438,402 times

Advertisements

I did find a thread from 2008 about this, but figure things have probably changed since then.

This is our first Christmas in Las Vegas and it looks like we may be visited by the family sometime around Christmas - 6 adults, a 16 yr old and a 13 yr old.

Any suggestions for activities (be nice now)? If anyone knows of teen-friendly shows that would be great, especially any involving dance.

Thanks
Pam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2011, 04:08 PM

293 posts, read 641,716 times
We usually go to Lake Las Vegas and go ice skating on the pond on the floating rink..you can also walk around the shops with snow falling via the snow machines...Ethel M's has a nice light display...

Old 10-30-2011, 01:45 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,359,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPC2 View Post
I did find a thread from 2008 about this, but figure things have probably changed since then.

This is our first Christmas in Las Vegas and it looks like we may be visited by the family sometime around Christmas - 6 adults, a 16 yr old and a 13 yr old.

Any suggestions for activities (be nice now)? If anyone knows of teen-friendly shows that would be great, especially any involving dance.

Thanks
Pam
Are the teens boys or girls? Are they from a big city or Podunk? How long will they be here?

8 people? I'd leave town.

Old 10-30-2011, 10:33 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPC2 View Post

Thanks
Pam
AHHHH get used to it TPC.....you should learn QUICKLY that when someone says "We're coming to Las Vegas" the VERY FIRST words to cross your lips should be "GREAT, lemmee know what hotel youre in and we'll get together for coffee."

You have NOW become the "Free Flop in Las Vegas" for every relative you never knew you had

Old 10-30-2011, 10:34 AM

Thanks for the input and links, I'll check them out.

Buzz: the 16yr old is a boy, the 13yr old a girl (I know, I know) from the lower hudson valley in N.Y. state - country with easy access to Manhattan.

And I agree - not my idea of fun, but DH is actually looking forward to it - IF it actually happens that they all come out at the same time I may be ready for the booby-hatch by the time they leave

Old 10-30-2011, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
AHHHH get used to it TPC.....you should learn QUICKLY that when someone says "We're coming to Las Vegas" the VERY FIRST words to cross your lips should be "GREAT, lemmee know what hotel youre in and we'll get together for coffee."

You have NOW become the "Free Flop in Las Vegas" for every relative you never knew you had
Actually our number two son has been out twice since we moved here and both times preferred to stay on the strip - understandable, who wants to stay with the "old folks" - waaaayyy out in Summerlin! The best we could do was get together with dinner one time each trip - but at least he paid and took us to very nice places

Old 10-30-2011, 10:45 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times
When I came back here from my 'self imposed incarceration" in the Great State of Gnu Jersy" [I worked "down the shoah near Lentic city" I told all of the relatives I was back in Las Vegas and that ANYbody that came to visit us in NJ was more then welcome to visit in Las Vegas. we have not had one single visitor in LV......When I lived here BEFORE going to NJ, we had guests almost EVERY friggin week.

I had people that I didn't even know call me and say "I know your cousin Ken n he said I cud stay witchoo."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas