Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 08:42 PM

1 posts, read 5,042 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know if there's an ordinance in North Las Vegas or Clark County that makes it illegal for kids to play in residential streets?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2009, 08:44 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,056,190 times
hmm dont know because I dont live there but I thought it was unison across the nation that there were ordinances prohibiting children from playing in the street.

Old 01-28-2009, 08:45 PM

1,558 posts, read 4,782,238 times
Not sure about that one, on residential streets I think it is OK. Certain HOAs may have their own rules.

Old 01-28-2009, 08:56 PM

638 posts, read 2,242,915 times
I don't know the answer to your question, but I have a big problem with these little brats playing and skateboarding in the neighboorhood where I live in the southwest part of town. They dont even move out of my way. I have to drive around them. Sometimes if I honk at them they sort of shift over to the side of the road. One of them is gonna get hit by someone one day. I've seen the dad of one of these kids standing in the garage and witnessing how his clueless his child is to traffic and he does nothing about it.

When I was a kid we would play in the road. If we saw a car coming we'd get the hell out of the way. But these kids have no fear. Too bad there are not some train tracks near by these kids could go play on.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:15 PM

269 posts, read 976,637 times
Don't get me started on this one. F'ing parents who put up a sign that says "Caution: Children at Play" is just f'ing crazy. Here's an idea....teach your children NOT to play in the f'ing streets! That's what backyards are created for.

Yes, your kids are special, they don't need to learn the rules of life. What a crock of s**t.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:39 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,941,545 times
Well, it is a little hard to do some things in a yard, such as riding your bike or skateboard. Even roller skating is tough on grass and there is only so much room on the sidewalks, if they even have them.

But...streets are dangerous and kids should definitely move out of the way. We always had someone on vehicle watch when we played steet hockey and football. We moved right away. Maybe they need more skate parks or lots...I don't know. Went to a couple of the skate parks, some are very nice and lots of kids using them and minding their manners. I am sure they all don't, but...dang parents.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:46 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,251,417 times
So much for Vegas being a family town.

Old 01-29-2009, 12:03 AM

2,404 posts, read 10,682,999 times
the kids should be in parks if they want to play, they are always in the street, in my way...they never move out of the way and the parents yell at us for driving...

Old 01-29-2009, 01:17 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Where I live, kids play in the streets with their skateboards, scooters and bikes. There are 3 parks within walking distance, and one park inside the community. But they play in the street. Maybe they can't read, but their parents can. It specifically states for the kids to NOT play in the street. For their safety and others.

Last edited by PinkString; 01-29-2009 at 01:18 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 01-29-2009, 05:59 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,470,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by photobuff42 View Post
So much for Vegas being a family town.
Not really, when I was a kid (probably before you were born) back on the East Coast, we ALWAYS get yelled at by the neghbors to get out of the street.

It's nothing new or anything that happens "just" in Las Vegas. This has been going on for generations.

Some HOA's have rules about children playing in the street, most do not though.

As a kid, I couldn't understand what the heck adults were so upset for with us kids playing a game of kickball or hopscotch in the road. As an adult now, I find it a bit annoying, although my kids played in the street for their growing up years and the neighbors didn't seem to mind, at least they still haven't said anything to me about it.

Defiant little bas who won't move out of the road when you are approaching with the car or who give you "the look" because you are interrupting their activity by driving down the road ..now that's REAL annoying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas