Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 11:10 PM

52 posts, read 217,835 times

Advertisements

where is roma hills? i googled it but couldn't find a specific spot or its location
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2012, 11:15 PM

10,864 posts, read 16,996,765 times
Just Google map search Roma Hills Dr. The extreme southern tip of that street is a bunch of terraced lots at the foot of Black Mountain. Last time I was in that area, I saw plenty of activity, so that development is probably going online soon/now.

Really not a bad lot in that whole development.

EDIT -- The street names include such gems as "Epic View," "Cloudloft," and "Sky Arc."

Last edited by ScoopLV; 01-09-2012 at 11:24 PM..

Old 01-10-2012, 10:03 PM

9 posts, read 13,429 times
Warning before moving to Las Vegas: do your research! May not be the place you wanna have your family and home prices well...do extensive research.

Old 01-10-2012, 10:15 PM

137 posts, read 221,478 times
We are moving way South, to the SW corner of 89044 zip code, and as Scoop pointed don't mind the drive in and out. We timed it on Sunday, from that point (Chateau Clermont St.) it took us all of 12 minutes to get to "civilization". And there are plenty of parks for the kids in the area, great views from a number of locations and quietness we haven't experienced in GULAG (aka CA) for a long time. We looked at 89052, 89044, 89123, 89074 and 89011 zips and decided 89044 is easily better all around. New houses are still being built in the area. Easy drive to Eastern Ave, which offers pretty much everything one might need as well as easy drive to Galleria and its shops. And still an easy drive to the strip when needed, and to our new favorite PJ Clark's (Caesar's).

Old 01-10-2012, 10:17 PM

1 posts, read 1,630 times
Default Moving to Vegas

Have you consider flying in for a few days to drive around the neighborhoods you're interested in? I recommend you visit the Clark county website. You can find a lot of info there, including the parks and recreation section which is important if you have small children.

Someone also mentioned the CCSD and their schools, a great website to look at is GreatSchools where you can find lots of information about schools in different neighborhoods, there's actually great schools out there.

My family and I were in the same situation a few years back and I know it can be overwhelming! Good luck on the move I might be able to help you locate a house, feel free to drop me a line and I'll be happy to assist if I can.

Last edited by observer53; 01-12-2012 at 02:19 PM.. Reason: sorry, new members cannot post links.

Old 01-12-2012, 11:15 AM

1,631 posts, read 3,952,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by benicetofatkids View Post
to be honest i dont mind being far away from the strip. i personally just want to be in a safe area that my family can feel safe and secure in. its just from what people have told me 89052 is the way to go for that.
for the "research" do you know of any good sites that i could use to look up stuff such as crime rates and police reports. thanks.
When looking at the different area's to live in Henderson seems to be high on the list.

Forbes ranks Henderson No. 2 on safest cities list

Site for crime rates
Since your not familiar with most neighborhoods in and around Las Vegas this link to the Sun News paper will be helpful in checking out crime stats for area's you may be in interested in. There is a plethora of information on this website regarding housing stats etc.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/pages/home/

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas