Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 12:14 PM

719 posts, read 1,480,219 times

Advertisements

Here is a pic of our little buddy. Lost dog-we are sick with worry-drako-bobby-riding-down-road.jpg

Old 01-11-2012, 12:26 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,475,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSarah View Post
thank you!!the lady who got him and took him home to keep felt bad and called our neighbor this morning and said she is bringing him back to us!!! I don't know who keeps insisting people in Las Vegas are not nice but the people we meet are very nice. Last night when we were out looking for him and calling his name, five different people in our complex came out to help. We were knocking on doors and asking if they had seen him.. .and the next thing we knew we saw all these tenants out walking the grounds and parking lots calling "drako!" drako!!! (our dog's name). anyway the lady who apparently was visiting a friend at the complex and took him home with her decided today to do the right thing and she sent word through a neighbor that she is bringing him back today. Thank you so much! And thanks for all your suggestions. We will get him microchipped asap!
Glad to hear all worked out well for you Sarah with your little fur one. And yes, for the most part, you'll find locals to be helpful and nice

Old 01-11-2012, 12:32 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times
Oh, good...now check your pocketbook! Something tells me I know what he was up to while out on the LV town last night...

Spoiler

Last edited by jfkIII; 01-11-2012 at 01:15 PM..

Old 01-11-2012, 01:06 PM

131 posts, read 210,060 times
Quote:
thank you!!the lady who got him and took him home to keep felt bad and called our neighbor this morning and said she is bringing him back to us!!! I don't know who keeps insisting people in Las Vegas are not nice but the people we meet are very nice. Last night when we were out looking for him and calling his name, five different people in our complex came out to help. We were knocking on doors and asking if they had seen him.. .and the next thing we knew we saw all these tenants out walking the grounds and parking lots calling "drako!" drako!!! (our dog's name). anyway the lady who apparently was visiting a friend at the complex and took him home with her decided today to do the right thing and she sent word through a neighbor that she is bringing him back today. Thank you so much! And thanks for all your suggestions. We will get him microchipped asap!
So, wait, this lady was going to keep him??!!? You said Drako had a collar, did he have a name tag and address, too? Probably not, though, huh? So glad the woman decided to do the right thing...even if he had only his collar on, I can't understand why she would think it was okay to keep him! Hopefully her intent was to keep him SAFE until she found you guys...I don't know much about chipping, but I agree with it in circumstances like this, although how would it have helped here if the woman just kept him? She probably wouldn't know he had a chip, so if/when she ever took him to a vet and they asked if he was chipped, she may say no or I don't know and they wouldn't check. Do vets automatically check out here? Sorry for the Devil's Advocate opinion, but I tend to see both sides of things Really glad you got him back (he's a cutie!) and that people in your complex were so willing to help!

Old 01-11-2012, 01:31 PM

699 posts, read 2,219,413 times
Quote:
thank you!!the lady who got him and took him home to keep felt bad and called our neighbor this morning and said she is bringing him back to us!!!!
so happy for your good news!!!

Old 01-11-2012, 03:32 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,359,111 times
Go to Pet Smart and get a name tag for his collar with your phone number too. I've been able to return dogs to their owners that way, and mine have been returned to me from them wearing name tags.

Old 01-11-2012, 04:35 PM

1,110 posts, read 1,909,336 times
Default Dog Tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
Go to Pet Smart and get a name tag for his collar with your phone number too. I've been able to return dogs to their owners that way, and mine have been returned to me from them wearing name tags.
Yup, this is the first place I would look if I found a dog
sk

Old 01-11-2012, 05:28 PM

3,663 posts, read 5,675,163 times
Quote:
I don't know who keeps insisting people in Las Vegas are not nice but the people we meet are very nice.
I'm not nice.

Old 01-11-2012, 05:35 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,289,591 times
Sarah, I am glad you got him back. I had a feeling that lady took him home. Since he was so friendly. Definitely get a collar with address and phone number tags. You worst fear will be someone trying to keep him, not animal control finding him.

Old 01-11-2012, 06:26 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,359,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Sarah, I am glad you got him back. I had a feeling that lady took him home. Since he was so friendly. Definitely get a collar with address and phone number tags. You worst fear will be someone trying to keep him, not animal control finding him.
We never put our address on the dog's collar, just his name and phone number. Too much info IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas