Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 11:18 PM

2,076 posts, read 4,074,309 times

Advertisements

Pretty sure that would fail completely as NRS 116.1104 describes that "Provisions of chapter may not be varied by agreement, waived or evaded".

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Clause in RPA...

COMMON-INTEREST COMMUNITIES: If the Property is subject to a Common Interest Community ("CIC"), Seller or his authorized agent shall request the CIC documents and certificate listed in NRS 116.4109 (collectively, the "resale package") within two (2) business days of Acceptance and provide the same to Buyer within one (1) business day of Seller's receipt thereof. Buyer may cancel this Agreement without penalty until midnight of the fifth (5th) calendar day following the date of receipt of the resale package. If Buyer does not receive the resale package within fifteen (15) calendar days of Acceptance, this Agreement may be cancelled in full by Buyer without penalty. If Buyer elects to cancel this Agreement pursuant to this section, he must deliver, via hand delivery or prepaid U.S. mail, a written notice of cancellation to Seller or his authorized agent identified in the Confirmation of Representation at the end of this Agreement. Upon such written cancellation, Buyer shall promptly receive a refund of the EMD. The parties agree to execute any documents requested by ESCROW HOLDER to facilitate the refund. If written cancellation is not received within the specified time period, the resale package will be deemed approved. Seller shall pay all outstanding CIC fines or penalties at COE.

Don't you love this stuff?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2013, 07:53 AM

371 posts, read 940,986 times
Exactly what are in the "resale package"?

So I can get the HOA documents from either the seller or my agent I guess? When do they usually provide that? after an offer is accepted? So if I want to make the DD as long as possible I can just request the HOA doc at the last day of DD(if they never provide the HOA docs)

Old 12-21-2013, 12:39 PM

2,076 posts, read 4,074,309 times
There is a bunch of stuff in the resale package, it includes a copy of the CC&R's, the most recent minute minutes, the financials of the HOA, etc.

There is a cost for ordering the package, it's usually around $200 (which the seller pays or at least they are supposed to, and I believe they have to order it).

That is the key to having a long DD period, don't ask for the resale package. If they are on the ball, they will order it right away and have to you within a few days. Reality I've found that most sellers wait until after your DD period is over to even order the package, reason being that the package costs money and it expires after 90 days, so if you don't close, they'd have purchase a new resale package potentially for a new buyer, so they tend to wait until you're more committed to buy.

I've never been given my resale package until at least 15 days in. Obviously if you are concerned about something, maybe you want it sooner. You can read the CC&R's down at the recorders office since they are public record. The financials and minutes are a separate issue though, you need the package for that.

Obviously this only applies if you're in an area with a HOA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okaythen01 View Post
Exactly what are in the "resale package"?

So I can get the HOA documents from either the seller or my agent I guess? When do they usually provide that? after an offer is accepted? So if I want to make the DD as long as possible I can just request the HOA doc at the last day of DD(if they never provide the HOA docs)

Old 12-21-2013, 01:16 PM

so don't ask for the resale package to get longer DD.

so if they wait until after the DD is expired and get the package for me, I still have 5 days from the day I receive the resale package to back out?

thanks

Old 12-21-2013, 02:55 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,805,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieJeff View Post
Pretty sure that would fail completely as NRS 116.1104 describes that "Provisions of chapter may not be varied by agreement, waived or evaded".
Trickier than that. Note for instance that the conveyance of the property cannot be undone by failure to provide the documents. I believe the 15 days comes from the 10 days the Association has to deliver plus the five days the buyer has to decide.

In my experience the majority of the document sets provided do not actually meet the requirements of the law. We simply act like they do and no one argues.

The providing of the documents does vary. The seller's agent may in fact duck until an appraisal and repair requirements have been successfully completed. But on clean deals we will almost always supply the documents in the first two or three days. In fact in some cases you get the documents the day escrow opens. I will generally advise a seller against anything longer than 10 days and I will push it to 5 or 7 with a quick close. If there are problems identified you then advise the seller to extend due diligence to allow resolution.

Old 12-21-2013, 03:00 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,805,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okaythen01 View Post
so don't ask for the resale package to get longer DD.

so if they wait until after the DD is expired and get the package for me, I still have 5 days from the day I receive the resale package to back out?

thanks
As I said above document packages can and do appear quickly. So plan on meeting the DD you specify. And do not count on pulling a late cancel based on the documents. The clause I showed above is in your Purchase Agreement. And even if Westie is correct you will spend well over a year and lots of money trying to get your EMD back.

Last edited by lvoc; 12-21-2013 at 03:40 PM..

Old 12-21-2013, 03:38 PM

great thanks a lot!

Ivoc and westieJeff you guys are both real estate agents?

Old 12-26-2013, 10:05 AM

1,631 posts, read 3,952,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYtoVT View Post
Since the wife and I are getting closer to the sale of our Utah residence, we need to know what the buyer's share of Nevada closing costs are for a cash deal. We will be taking a title policy to cover ourselves and it will be from a national underwriter so factor that into the equation. Prorations I can figure but the other costs are sketchy. Figure 80k contract price.

TIA

Closing costs are figured around 1 t 1.5% if it's a cash deal. If you are financing then it can run from 3 to 3.5% of the purchase price of the property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas