Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 02:58 PM

810 posts, read 1,342,512 times

Advertisements

I've read this term on several other forums. What does it exactly mean?

Obviously, there is a different culture in California than the rest of the country. Are midwestern/southern tourists wearing fanny packs preferred, probably because they spend more at the buffet?

Also, how big is Vegas on international tourism lately? I'm really hoping I don't get there and it's just full of midwestern tourists under a bunch of bright lights. I live in the midwest and just really bored with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2012, 03:01 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,415,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trancedout View Post
I've read this term on several other forums. What does it exactly mean?

Obviously, there is a different culture in California than the rest of the country. Are midwestern/southern tourists wearing fanny packs preferred, probably because they spend more at the buffet?

Also, how big is Vegas on international tourism lately? I'm really hoping I don't get there and it's just full of midwestern tourists under a bunch of bright lights. I live in the midwest and just really bored with it.
Don't worry. You will find tourists from all over the world and most likely every state.

Old 03-03-2012, 03:42 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,483,735 times
Sometimes it seems like every tourist is either asian or middle eastern....

Old 03-03-2012, 05:59 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times
I'm from the Midwest and one of the things I love about going to Las Vegas is sitting down at a Blackjack table and asking everyone where they are from. I have met and visited with people from all over the world there. My take on things: There are wonderful friendly people everywhere and we are very fortunate to have a place like Las Vegas where we can meet each other.

Old 03-03-2012, 06:13 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,869,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
I'm from the Midwest and one of the things I love about going to Las Vegas is sitting down at a Blackjack table and asking everyone where they are from. I have met and visited with people from all over the world there. My take on things: There are wonderful friendly people everywhere and we are very fortunate to have a place like Las Vegas where we can meet each other.
I sat down at a blackjack table & actually met someone who knew me from 8th grade. I didn't remember him - but he remembered me; I found my old yearbook and there he was.

Old 03-03-2012, 08:59 PM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
Sometimes it seems like every tourist is either asian or middle eastern....
On my walks, late at night, with my ferret, interacting with them, I've increasingly found a great number from Latin America as well. I'm glad I can speak some Spanish to talk to them properly.

Except the growing number of tourists from Brazil. Never learned Portuguese!

Old 03-03-2012, 11:00 PM

65 posts, read 85,518 times
i see lots of tourists but nobody wants to talk to me

Old 03-04-2012, 12:30 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
I sat down at a blackjack table & actually met someone who knew me from 8th grade. I didn't remember him - but he remembered me; I found my old yearbook and there he was.
Had someone properly identify the stone in the necklace I had made for my girlfriend once. He was sitting on the opposite side of the blackjack table from her, and the stone isn't a common one. That was surprising.

A friend of mine ran into my sister here once, before I lived here - they both happened to be visiting at the same time and ran into each other in one of the resorts.

It's a small world after all.

Old 03-04-2012, 03:29 AM

13 posts, read 35,491 times
With regard to Vegas and international tourism, at the moment it's very cheap to visit Vegas. I'll be over in a couple of weeks to look at some properties, and with airfares and accommodation for 2 weeks, it's costing me around $1500.00.

To put that into perspective, I live near Melbourne and to go for a 2 week holiday in Queensland, staying in a reasonable hotel, would cost closer to $2000.00 with airfares and accommodation.

The big problem with Australian tourism at the moment, is that it is just to expensive to holiday in our own country. Generally it's cheaper to go to the west coast of America or south east asia.

Old 03-04-2012, 09:36 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times
Instead of retyping it I'll post a link to this:

//www.city-data.com/forum/21182654-post2.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: