Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2012, 10:44 AM

180 posts, read 391,682 times

Advertisements

From what I have read lately it seems that there are more short sales than reo's these days and banks are accepting them quicker. If a short sale property has a contingent offer on it is it possible to submit another offer to the bank? Can a real estate agent approach a owner of a home and ask if they would be willing to short sell it as they have clients interested in it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 11:45 AM

2,076 posts, read 4,073,711 times
Anecdotally, it does seem like short sales are getting approved more quickly nowadays.

If a short has an offer on it currently (it's contingent), you can't have your offer presented to the bank. You can give a backup offer, but that would only apply if the original offer falls out for whatever reason (bank wants more than the buyer wants to pay, buyer backs out, etc.).

An agent could ask a homeowner if they want to short sell. You can ask anyone anything anytime , but I've never actually seen that happen. Personally if I was an RE agent, I wouldn't do that, because there are so many potential legal, tax, and financial repercussions from a short sale, I wouldn't want to be the guy who "told you everything would be OK" if you short sold. Short selling is something seller needs to decide on their own, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NU2LV View Post
From what I have read lately it seems that there are more short sales than reo's these days and banks are accepting them quicker. If a short sale property has a contingent offer on it is it possible to submit another offer to the bank? Can a real estate agent approach a owner of a home and ask if they would be willing to short sell it as they have clients interested in it?

Old 06-20-2012, 12:18 PM

180 posts, read 391,682 times
Here is the article I was referring to
Short sales now eclipse foreclosures in Las Vegas - Business - ReviewJournal.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas