Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 01:00 PM

243 posts, read 629,087 times

Advertisements

I just want to say thank you to everyone who has helped me with the dozens of questions I have had over the past few months. I have asked about jobs, homes, areas to live (many different areas), and so much more. For the most part you have been very helpful and informative and I just wanted to say thank you and to update anyone who cares on our situation.

We packed up our truck in Utah on July 14, and drove down on July 15. We have been staying with family in Aliante since then. I came down unsure about jobs, with a few prospects on the horizon. Las Vegas has been kind to my family since then. I was offered 4 different jobs in 2 different industries. I don't say this to brag, but to give hope. I worked hard to get those job offers, and received a miracle on others. I am currently working two of the jobs, and will transition into one of them full time and quit the other when the company gets running 100%.

I started classes two weeks ago, and things have been going great. That was the original reason we moved down here, but since we have been here, we have realized this is the place for us, and we may never leave.

We worked with an excellent Realtor out of Green Valley named Debbie Tuttle and were blessed enough to have two different offers on homes in the Pecos/Centennial area accepted. Both homes were being sold by the same organization, so they basically let us choose which one we wanted. So we got a home that was originally listed at 130K for 115,900. In this market that was an amazing thing for us. After our first few offers, we expected to never get a home.

Well, we close in a week, and will officially be settled into the valley for a while in just a couple weeks.

We have LOVED everything about Las Vegas since we moved here. We enjoy the desert scenery, Mt. Charleston so close, the city life only minutes away, and so many other things about it here. We hope that this can be our place to live for years to come.

Thanks to everyone for the advice and help, and for helping us through our first out of state move, away from family and friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2012, 01:05 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,815,139 times
Your welcome.
That'll be $14.99.
DM me for payment info.

Old 09-08-2012, 01:49 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,713,690 times
Thats awesome! I'm so happy for you! I'm glad this comes from someone who is very hard working and positive about what they can do in this economy. Lately all you hear are negatives and never the positives of making the big move to this city. Good luck with your job prospect and your new home!

Old 09-08-2012, 02:22 PM

393 posts, read 503,966 times
I'm so happy for you! I know it is very trying to move to a new state and look for work in the type of economy. Good luck with the new job and house!

Old 09-08-2012, 04:14 PM

421 posts, read 898,712 times
Welcome to your new home. I hope you enjoy it as much as we have in the last 7 months. I'm NEVER leaving

Old 09-08-2012, 07:01 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,998,514 times
Why did you choose the Pecos/ Centennial area? You should have stayed west of Lossee at the very least....

Old 09-08-2012, 07:30 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,159,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
Why did you choose the Pecos/ Centennial area? You should have stayed west of Lossee at the very least....
That area is good, safe, new and underdeveloped. Only future problems I see is when the VA hospital officially opens in January. Who knows how traffic will be. The "stay west of the 15" rule only applies when you are closer to Craig road.

Sent from phone using app

Old 09-08-2012, 08:08 PM

1,608 posts, read 2,015,880 times
Very few people come back and update the forum on their decision, very much appreciated. I'm glad it's working out for you, hard work and determination can pay off.

Old 09-08-2012, 08:48 PM

102 posts, read 256,220 times
Woo hoo! So glad that things are working out. It's wonderful to see such a positive post!

Old 09-09-2012, 02:09 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,289,591 times
Welcome to the valley! I hope you like it here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: