Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 04:59 PM

393 posts, read 503,896 times

Advertisements

Which of the three Hyundai dealerships is the best to deal with?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2012, 03:03 AM

629 posts, read 1,175,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannaranch View Post
Which of the three Hyundai dealerships is the best to deal with?
I would only ever deal with a dealership that participates in TrueCar / USAA's car buying service, where you pick the car you want, and certified dealers offer their best no-haggle price to you. In Vegas, there used to be two dealerships that fit the bill, but now only Henderson Hyundai is participating.

That said, just because you get a no-haggle price, doesn't mean they have the car in stock. So always check their inventory first, find the car you want, and add the options that that car has into the TrueCar system before generating your no-haggle certificate. That way the dealer won't try to pull any "well we gave you a no-haggle price for the base car, but this car has so and so added, so it'll be a lot more $" shenanigans

Last edited by topaz420; 10-06-2012 at 03:48 AM..

Old 10-06-2012, 08:55 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,157,837 times
^^^^
I used that earlier this year. Worked out great.

Sent from cell...

Old 10-06-2012, 09:36 AM

2,180 posts, read 4,537,318 times
Careful... it's still a Hyundai.

Old 10-06-2012, 09:53 AM

1,376 posts, read 3,082,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchu View Post
Theyre actually decent cars, bought my mother one. True car is great but chances are the dealer will never have exactly what you want in stock. So it pays to go to all the dealers or at least check their inventory online. I used true car a few weeks ago and it seemed like a pretty good service even though I went CPO instead of new.

Old 10-06-2012, 10:39 AM

Quote:
In about 10 years Hyundai will knock one of the 3 major Japanese companies from the top, if not all three. Toyota, Honda and Nissan. I am not a fan of Hyundai but their 100,000k/10 year warranty can't be beat right now.

Their cars are starting to look better also. Much better than anything Honda and Toyota is putting out. Nissan is still winning in the design category in my opinion.

Hyundai is starting to appear everywhere on the streets.

Sent from cell...

Old 10-06-2012, 12:42 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,712,823 times
Brand loyalty is one of those things automakers count on. I have always been a skeptic of that and I always go for the best product for my needs. When it comes to full size trucks I love the Ford F series because they are simply the best and they also have those who are brand loyalist and it shows because they sell more trucks than anyone. When it comes to small trucks I love the Toyota Tacoma over the other makes on the market. When it comes to a sedan I prefer Honda/Acuras. I like the Hyundai cars these days, but I think they will lag behind until the Japanese makers really start to make really bad products.

Old 10-06-2012, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AA702 View Post
I like the Hyundai cars these days, but I think they will lag behind until the Japanese makers really start to make really bad products.
I won't go as far as to say that the Japanese are making bad products but they have been getting a little careless these past two-three years with all the recalls and boring redesigns.

I think I read an article last year about how Japanese auto makers don't even consider American makers competition. They were only worried about Kia and Hyundai.

That is saying a lot.

Sent from cell...

Old 10-06-2012, 04:43 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,995,060 times
Quote:
You're absolutely.. wrong! Best bang for buck between the big imports. Best Reliability. Resale better than Toyota or Honda.

The early Hyundais were horrible. Late 90s.. vastly improved Today.. top notch. I had a 97 Elantra, one of the most reliable cars i ever owned. Never an issue. 197k popped a timing belt.. killed it... It was my fault, should have changed it at 60k

Old 10-06-2012, 05:18 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,995,060 times
Here's my 2cents. The last 5 cars that my wife and I have owned personally. 2006 Honda Insight Hybrid, (2) 2008 Scion XBs, and currently (2) Hyundai Velosters.

All of them have been excellent in several ways. The one that disappoints the most is the Honda. I had no issues with the Honda until this year when the Battery pack went bad. Almost $3500 to replace. I went into the dealership with a Honda press release that stated my vehicle was still under warranty... Dealer forced me to pay. Honda of America kicked me to the curb. Judge saw it my way. Warranty in force, cost refunded. I WILL NEVER EVER EVER buy a Honda again for this reason...

Scion XB's... paid 15,750 each when they first came out in 2007 (as a 2008 model).... No issues whatsover. Received amazing trade in at Centennial Hyundai (13,300). Actually wanted the Prius C but it was too small and felt to much like a Yaris. Desert Toyota offered 11,000 on the trades.

Hyundai's - one heck of a story... so here goes... After leaving Desert Toyota we stopped at Planet Hyundai on Sahara to look around. Saleman was named Lucky. They appraised car as i was looking offering the 13,300. We were looking at the Veloster. I was concerned about space and didn't have a tape measure. Lucky climbed in the back saying he was 5' something so it had the room. Test drove and it was nice. But I don't like to make quick decisions so i told him i wanted to think about it. Started yelling... don't you want it? yada yada yada... rude lost my business right there.

Went to Planet Hyundai at Centennial. Extremely nice. Couple salespersons. Told them I wanted 2 Velosters.. no test drives necessary, already drove. I wanted yellow, green, or orange. Hardest colors to get. (500 yellows produced.. 1000 green... don't know the number on the orange) I also wanted manual, style pack (roof, wheels,etc) and technology package (nav, different wheels, top sound, push start etc)... They took the name and number....
Here's where it gets good... after 2-3 weeks, none of my colors on the horizon.. and the cars are few and far between.... Finally new car manager called.. found Yellow in Phoenix.. dealer wants $5k over sticker..im now mad....Settled on Silver and Red (disappointed)....and automatics... As we had finished the deal, i walked around the red one and noticed a decent ding on the rear bumper... Not happy.. wasn't taking the car.. They told me to drive it home. 2 Days later a blue became available. Swapped out, no issues, same price etc...
A week later, getting windows tinted on blue one at dealer.... service guy drives it out and it won't go into park.. they gave me a loaner.. next day, told me 2 weeks for part.. it was in Korea... Called Hyundai of America... didn't get far.. just wanted my car... Called Channel 13....2 days.. car fixed... Happy again.... About a month after ownership, it was time to review the dealership on dealer rater... explained the whole thing.... A few days later the general manager calls me to find out why i didn't give a great review..expained the whole thing again.. told him originally wanted yellow orange or green. 2 more days pass.... He calls, says the yellow doesn't look promising... Yellow Automatic next to impossible to get... I say wait... I wanted a manual! Calls me back. Car arrives 3 days later... gives me everything back on blue one and puts me in the Yellow. I'm totally happy....

It gets better...

A month later... green comes in... saleperson calls and I explain we are ok with the silver and im not taking a hit on the trade. Calls me an hour later... gives me everything back on the silver, wife has Green manual. And is super happy.

Centennial Hyundai went WAY over the top for me and I would definitely buy from them again. There's probably a reason for the insane return with no hit.. The Veloster's are still doing over List at Manheim auto auction (depending on Color and options), so it didn't hurt the dealership at all.

They did ok on the Scion trades, sold 1 for 14,995 (advertised) and the other for 12,900 at the auction.. I told my wife originally that blue doesnt resell well and this proved it.

IF YOU ARE GOING TO BUY A HONDA OR TOYOTA, they are great cars.. Make sure you buy one that is built in Japan. Resale and reliability are both higher. Look at serial numbers.. if the first digit is a number, it was built in the USA. If its a J, it was built in Japan. The Camry, Accord, Sonata, and Elantra are built here.

As for Henderson Hyundai, my experience was they were very high pressured. I went prior to knowing about the Costco thing. They wanted 5k over sticker for the Velosters for any color except a blue one, which was 3,500 over sticker.

Lastly, the Navigation on the Veloster (IMO) blows away Honda or Toyota's Entune.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas