Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 06:59 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,483,735 times

Advertisements

Be as nit picky as you want with semantics or a simple type-o...fact is you're trying to deflect from the main subject in which you're taking quite a beating.

So far all of your points add up to FAIL.

If anyone takes the time to read your posting history they will see what you're about...

You definitely don't have the childs best interest at heart.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:48 PM

1,376 posts, read 3,083,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
Be as nit picky as you want with semantics or a simple type-o...fact is you're trying to deflect from the main subject in which you're taking quite a beating.

So far all of your points add up to FAIL.

If anyone takes the time to read your posting history they will see what you're about...

You definitely don't have the childs best interest at heart.
I agree but the op doesn't care about anyone's opinion, he posts something he's already decided to do. Trying to reason with him is an exercise in futility.

Last edited by aggrofish; 12-13-2012 at 11:36 PM..

Old 12-13-2012, 11:29 PM

249 posts, read 402,834 times
This whole thread is getting out of hand--- obviously this guy does not want any of our advice-- he's going to end up getting himself into a hot mess with this situation and there is no talking him out of it

Old 12-13-2012, 11:36 PM

2,037 posts, read 2,990,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggrofish View Post
I agree but the op doesn't care about anyone's opinion, he posts something he's already decided to do. Trying too reason with him is an exercise in futility.
yes, that's correct.

it would not be prudent to subject and direct one's decision making process through an anonymous message board.

anonymous internet message boards should only be used to gain potential "how" information. i would never decide whether to take action or not on accord of such a forum. I suggest that you do not either.

I have clearly explained the cost benefit analysis of undertaking this action yet those in the peanut gallery are distracted by frivolous noise.

very annoying.

At worst, the kid goes back and and does what he was doing before with a story or two to remember for the ages. At best, he changes the life of himself and his mom.

See. Now do you get it?

vegas is a gambling city, right..one where we play the odds...

maybe that's an analogy that you can comprehend.

CPS has much bigger fish to fry and nobody is going to prison. No need for doomsday scenarios.

Old 12-14-2012, 03:41 AM

4,505 posts, read 6,483,735 times
Then why did you ask?

I hope you get all that's coming to you!

Remember though......message boards are no place to whine and cry when it all goes bad! ....especially when we told you so!

Old 12-14-2012, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
Then why did you ask?

I hope you get all that's coming to you!

Remember though......message boards are no place to whine and cry when it all goes bad! ....especially when we told you so!
i have already answered this question... numerous times for that matter.

when I have a JW or three i find MBs entertaining. I never make stuff up, but I do like to pose questions in matter which is likely to elicit opinionated and numerous responses.

To the contrary my friend, MBs are the quintessential place to whine and vent.

Do you think I would have the gall to say this stuff in real life? They would like I am some sort of jerk with crappy judgement

Old 12-14-2012, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
It can be irresponsible, or it can be responsible. It depends on what you do. I still think hiring a responsible, matronly, housekeeper would be the best way to go if you insist on doing this.

I raised two boys. One stole the keys to his grandpa's Hummer and cruised it one the strip when he was fifteen. The other got busted by the cops when he loaded his motor-scooter up like a clown car with five of his friends. (To this day, I'm unsure how he managed this.)

It's an adventure and trying to manage it part-time, on the strip, no-less is not a task to be taken lightly.
I don't think it's responsible to bring someone into the home that i don't know. The maid as a mom scenario does not seem promising. You can't just leave anyone around kids.

One, that's one cool gramps who rolled around in a Hummer; i think my grandpa...may god bless his soul....had a stationwagon.

Two, did the cops bust him?

None of these things sound like that big of a deal. Just kids doing what kids do. Boys must be boys. No prison time granted I bet.

Old 12-14-2012, 07:00 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,422,460 times
The OP is determined to do this despite very well reasoned advice to the contrary from numerous people. Does raise the question of why he asked for advice in the first place. Closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: