Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 10:58 PM

25 posts, read 40,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKat View Post
BBB is a waste of time. Forget looking there for action.

I served Notices and filed hundreds of legitimate evictions for LL's and property managers in Las Vegas for 8 years. So, listen up! File the counterclaim referred to in a previous post and get a hearing date. The first thing that I noticed in your original post is the business of someone "signing for" the Notice. This is not required under Nevada statute unless they have changed things a lot since I left. Secondly, exactly what type of Notice was supposedly served? A 5 Day Pay or Quit? A 3 Day Nuisance? A 30 Day "No Reason"? Is the Affidavit of Service notarized? (required)

If you will go to the Justice Court where this eviction took place, they will give you all the information that you need to choose the correct forms, but I would take advantage of the free Legal Aid 15 minutes if I were you. It's still confusing to the lay person when staring at 50 different forms that look similar. The clerk will not and cannot give you any advice but they will give you booklets or pamphlets etc about the procedure.

See him in court, you will win.

It's stories like this that really make me mad! these unprofessional, nefarious "landlords" do this dozens of times to unsuspecting and unknowledgable persons knowing that 99.9% of them will never know how to reverse this action. Which is not that hard considering what you have said, they have done everything wrong from square one.

When it is over, be doubly sure that this eviction is removed from your "record" so to speak and keep an eye on your credit report closely for a year or two. Sometimes they take awhile to show up, and even longer to come off once they get there.
Hi KonaKat, I was just rereading your post and you were right about the BBB. They didn't even bother to reply, they only had about four other complaints and they closed those. I've added my BBB complaint and the letter from the BBB to my evidence. If I can't baffle them with brilliance, I'll baffle them with bull. (W. C. Fields)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2013, 10:38 PM

Hello Ivoc, Well on 5/21 I filed my motion to set aside eviction and was waiting to hear anything by mail or email. I just checked out the Court record website and on 5/22 it was set for May 29th. All it says for May 29th is motion heard. Was I supposed to be there.

Old 06-01-2013, 10:53 PM

2,928 posts, read 3,552,974 times
They should've sent you a letter in the mail stating when your court date was. Hard to say what you're looking at when we can't see it ourselves.

Old 06-01-2013, 10:58 PM

I don't know why I didn't get anything.

OTHER EVENTS AND HEARINGS12/04/2012 Order for Summary Eviction (Dept 3)
12/04/2012 Summary Eviction Landlord ComplaintAffidavit Of Complaint, 5-day Notice

01/01/2013 Administrative Reassignment to Department 8Case reassigned from Department 03 (Judge Janiece Marshall)
05/21/2013 Motion to Set Aside EvictionMotion to Set Aside

05/22/2013 Order Rescinding Eviction OrderOrder Rescinding Eviction Order - Set for May 29, 2013 at 1:30pm Department #8

05/22/2013 Notice of Court Hearing MailedTG

05/29/2013 Eviction Motion (1:30 PM) (Judicial Officer Zimmerman, Ann E.) Motion to Set Aside Order for Summary Eviction
Result: Matter Heard

Old 06-02-2013, 12:15 AM

2,928 posts, read 3,552,974 times
Call the clerk for that department and see what happened.

Old 06-02-2013, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrhazy View Post
Call the clerk for that department and see what happened.
Thanks ddrhazy, I have her number ready for monday morning. I don't know how it could have moved through the docket so fast. I was watching and waiting for the chance to show up in court. The attorney and manager who did the eviction quit the place so I'm sure no one showed up. I'll post as soon as I hear. Thanks again.

Old 06-02-2013, 11:21 PM

249 posts, read 402,834 times
If you didn't show up for your motion, then it was denied-- you probably have to re notice it to get it back on calendar

Old 06-03-2013, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlesq View Post
If you didn't show up for your motion, then it was denied-- you probably have to re notice it to get it back on calendar
Hi Girlesq, Yeah I kind of figured that but I hope I'm seeing good news in your post, I'm going to call the court clerk in a couple hours and I'll try asking if I can re notice or some how get it back on the calender. I feel like an idiot waiting and thinking I was going to get some kind of special invite while I was asleep at the wheel. It's my case and I should have been calling the clerk and checking the website. Thanks for the hope and I'll update very soon.

Old 06-03-2013, 03:55 PM

Well I spent the morning at the court house and have a update. The judge denied my motion to vacate because I wasn't there. I wasn't there because I was sleeping on the job but the court sent my notice to the place that evicted me. Heres the crazy part, when I filed my motion I had my name and address in the tenant section. The girl rejected my motion and said I had to put the address of the place that evicted me as my address. I told her I don't live there and was not there during the eviction. She whited out my address and had me change it to the enemy's address and I asked her if I could put my address somewhere in my motion and she said I would get a email with the info. You know the rest. So I have to refile and will keep on top of it this time.

Thank you to all of you that have responded and thank you Ivoc for all the advice and guidance you've given me. I've learned a little bit from every one of you that posted. This has gone on for 5 months and if I were giving you advice and then you missed the court date, I would still help out but I would have been mumbling what a moron while typing. I have all the evidence including a notarized statement from my landlord as to when I had the flood and when I returned here and will win this and make you proud. Thanks again Ivoc, you directed me to the best evidence I have.

Old 06-14-2013, 08:55 PM

My update is after my motion to place back on calender was denied I filed a motion to reconsider and that was approved and I will be there middle of next week to finally present my side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas