Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 03:47 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times

Advertisements

We went to the Principle at Granddaughters school [SHE WAS and still is a problem child] but her teacher was pushing it to extremes because SHE wasn't competent to handle the problem. [she had already been let go from UNLV] I cant even remember the details now but at one point she made a claim that was incorrect and I stepped in and said "YOU are a liar, because THIS is what happened and YOU know it."

Next time we ran into her she was working in the office at Garside Middle School....When we walked into the office her face FELL.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2013, 09:06 AM

293 posts, read 641,716 times
When I was teaching we had parents coming in and telling us what grades to put on the grade cards for the child. If we did not do it to their liking, they would get the grade changed through the principal..is a shame when you have teachers like my wife, who work til 2am to make sure she has things for all the kids to enjoy--been given awards by co-teachers and admin for teacher of the year numerous times---and truly enjoys the job looking for anything else to do. She is at a expensive private school ran by the parents, they walk in to complain while class is going on and get grades changes to make their kid look better all the time

Old 01-10-2013, 09:33 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan05 View Post
When I was teaching we had parents coming in and telling us what grades to put on the grade cards for the child. If we did not do it to their liking, they would get the grade changed through the principal..is a shame when you have teachers like my wife, who work til 2am to make sure she has things for all the kids to enjoy--been given awards by co-teachers and admin for teacher of the year numerous times---and truly enjoys the job looking for anything else to do. She is at a expensive private school ran by the parents, they walk in to complain while class is going on and get grades changes to make their kid look better all the time
She might actually be better off at one of the turnaround schools. I doubt that the parents of those kids have the same sense of entitlement as those sending their kids to an expensive private school.

Old 01-10-2013, 03:17 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,686,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan05 View Post
I had a friend who taught at a University in the UAE. If he gave a student a poor grade the student would say, "I am going to the Emir"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas