Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 07:40 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,422,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
And if one of them falls off a ladder, the homeowner is on the hook for the expenses. And don't think for a moment that the guys in front of Home Depot don't know that. Does the homeowner carry workman's comp insurance? A personal liability policy? No? Then that can get expensive in a big hurry.

Is an accident likely to happen? No. That's why they're called accidents. Is saving a couple thousand dollars worth the risk? That's in the eyes of the risk taker. For me, the answer is no.
Best advice that could possibly be given here. I can tell you this is not an uncommon occurrence. You do NOT want to be dragged into this situation. Pay a licensed contractor, but pay a fair price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2013, 02:40 PM

261 posts, read 423,070 times
Too late, sometimes I think my mother takes a special delight in overpaying for services.

True story. She was trying to buy a car about 20 years ago after my father passed away. She was wondering if she was getting ripped off so she asked me to go into the same dealership and ask for the same car. I did and got a price about $500 lower. Then we went in together and the f****** salesman lied through his teeth about it really not being the same car and blah, blah, blah. I knew he was lying and told her so went he walked out for a minute but she chose to believe him. Anyway, she paid the higher price and then he talked her into paying another $400 for a security system. I nearly walked home I was so mad.

Old 09-04-2013, 07:55 PM

1 posts, read 1,057 times
Default Scoop is the one who quoted $5.5k

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
And if one of them falls off a ladder, the homeowner is on the hook for the expenses. And don't think for a moment that the guys in front of Home Depot don't know that. Does the homeowner carry workman's comp insurance? A personal liability policy? No? Then that can get expensive in a big hurry.

Is an accident likely to happen? No. That's why they're called accidents. Is saving a couple thousand dollars worth the risk? That's in the eyes of the risk taker. For me, the answer is no.
Is Scoop the one who quoted $5.5k for this job?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas