Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 02:07 PM

65 posts, read 98,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by modhatter View Post
I wanted to up to Stone Trade Marble & Granite , but the number listed for them is disconnected. So I'm thinking they are out of business. Anyone know differently?
Just bought a slab about 2 weeks ago, they are still in business for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2013, 08:43 PM

550 posts, read 637,840 times
I've had good experiences with T Brothers Tile. It's been about 4 years since I used them so I can't say how good they are as of late. Have you called anybody to see if they can hone or polish it or repair it somehow? I'd find it hard to believe that any hotel with granite in the bathroom would rip out counters every time a guest or housekeeping made a mistake. Good luck!

Old 06-03-2013, 04:42 PM

20 posts, read 38,416 times
We just bought a marble remnant from T Brothers Tile for a small vanity top in a 1/2 bath. They were very, very helpful and the price was reasonable. Most of the other places we went tried to make us feel like idiots for thinking we could finish it ourself. They had a nice selection of remnants, marble and granite.

Old 09-17-2013, 04:54 PM

1 posts, read 1,184 times
I bought my granite at AM China ,they have a lot of granites to choose , people r so nice there and the prices r resonable you should go stop by and take a look

Old 10-25-2013, 05:20 PM

1 posts, read 1,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael-MS View Post
Stay away from Arizona tile. They don't have remnants and they charge a premium for full slabs. Check out Stone Trade Marble & Granite 5451 Arville St, they have $200 and up full slabs and many smaller remnants in the back. You can view all their slabs on their facebook page [URL]https://www.facebook.com/stonetradelasvegas[/URL]. Dal Tile also has a nice selection but you will pay about $1000 and up per slab there. We used Dal Tile for our kitchen and Stone Trade for our bathrooms and couldn't be happier.

Hi Michael/everyone,

Hoping to get some advice here. Long story short. I ordered a Silestone countertop (105 inches long * 27 inches wide) fully expecting it to be a 1 slab job. But the contractor delivered in 2 pieces. I knew right away he used left over pieces rather than doing a special order as claimed and as charged for. Naturally, I refused. Everything failed in getting the contractor to deliver 1 piece slab. Getting ready to go to small claims court to get my down payment back. Just wanted to know if this is a common bad business practice? If yes, what's the term for it so that I can Google it to prepare myself.
Thanks in advance.

Old 10-25-2013, 09:10 PM

2,180 posts, read 4,537,318 times
All my counters are multiple pieces(and I have some big pieces)... I am not sure how big they can legitimately go and get it installed without either breaking it or fitting into the home thru the doorways.

Old 10-25-2013, 10:52 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,802,978 times
According to the Silestone manual the process makes initial slabs that are 120 inches by 54 inches with wider available on special order.

Old 10-28-2013, 12:50 PM

65 posts, read 98,963 times
On my quotes, my contractor (Gordie with Summit Tile&Stone) told me where every seam was going to be and the quote was based on how many slabs or remnants we needed to buy + his labor. We picked multiple slabs and with some slabs it took 3 slabs and others it took 2 due to the varying sizes of materials. But your problem sounds like something the contractor or yourself should have negotiated with the price. If he gave you a bargain price then he may have assumed you knew what you would get, but that is bad practice too. As for the maximum size, we built our island bar counter based off of the maximum size for the color granite we chose. We had measurements ranging from 80" to 130" so it may or may not be the contractor's fault depending on what was available for him to order. Also, a good contractor will show up at the granite stone yard with you and let you pick the slab you want.

In the end, I would say your contractor is at fault for not telling you there would be a seam in the granite. But save yourself the trouble next time and make sure to ask the important questions with the estimate, that is how you choose a good contractor after all.

Old 02-18-2014, 04:51 PM

156 posts, read 403,952 times
It looks like they have changed their name to Granite Trade Las Vegas. Here is their facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...etradelasvegas

Old 11-02-2016, 05:04 PM

1 posts, read 674 times
I have a huge piece of granite or marble I am not sure what it is...But it took 4 men to get it in my garage.....41 inches in height and 75 inches width.....it's a tan color with flakes of brown and beige in it.....it was cut for maybe a counter because the top is curved. I would like to sell it....Do you know of anyplace that buys something like this....I would like $50.00 for it...
Regards, Connie 702-771-9616
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas