Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 12:13 PM

743 posts, read 968,579 times

Advertisements

Odd question, but...

Anyone know a place in Vegas that does a Vitamin C drip (I guess through an IV line) as a form of patient therapy. It was recommended to my mom to start something like this and she'll be here in a couple weeks.

Thanks!

Old 08-24-2013, 01:49 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,949,242 times
If it's for cancer, it's a scam. Skip it:
High Doses of Vitamin C Are Not Effective as a Cancer Treatment

If it's for general health, there's no reason one couldn't get more than enough Vitamin C from regular sources.

Old 08-24-2013, 01:54 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,602,641 times
Was it recommended to your mom by an actual, licensed physician?

Old 08-24-2013, 02:25 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,802,978 times
Actually I think the use of Vitamin C with other chemo drugs is up for a second stage trial.

This is pretty much research medicine. Any number of places in town can easily do it but the question will be can they legally and can you find a doctor who will prescribe it.

I believe though there is now pretty good evidence it does no harm.

Old 08-24-2013, 04:23 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,949,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
I believe though there is now pretty good evidence it does no harm.
...or maybe it does.
What's the harm in vitamin megadoses?

Mega-vitamin doses seem to be a common "cure all" from the Scientology community.

Old 08-24-2013, 05:44 PM

164 posts, read 260,599 times
one dose of emergen-c has 1667% of the recommended daily allowance of vitamin c.

Old 08-24-2013, 05:53 PM

You are all getting carried away. There appears some rational to believe that IV Vitamin C may do some good things in treatment of some nasty cancers when used in combination with other cancer drugs. It has been reported to significantly reduce some side effects of cancer treatment.

Not enough data yet. But I would try and get in a trial if I had no other good options.

Old 08-24-2013, 06:01 PM

687 posts, read 1,945,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardogfsu View Post
Odd question, but...

Anyone know a place in Vegas that does a Vitamin C drip (I guess through an IV line) as a form of patient therapy
I think the answer to your question is no. You will probably have to go to Mexico as the closest country to receive this type of treatment. Unfortunately many treatments have not yet been allowed in this country, except for clinical trials. Example - I can not find anyone to employ photo-dynamic therapy for basal cell skin cancer, although it is a common treatment in Europe and South America. Here, they resort to MOHS. The Derms here would rather operate as their income is greater and photodynamic has not been FDA approved. Therefore, I've had to travel to receive this treatment that is scar free and very effective.

Although the treatment you seek may or may not be effective, I believe you should be able to receive it if you want. Good luck.

Croce

Old 08-24-2013, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croce View Post
I think the answer to your question is no. You will probably have to go to Mexico as the closest country to receive this type of treatment. Unfortunately many treatments have not yet been allowed in this country, except for clinical trials. Example - I can not find anyone to employ photo-dynamic therapy for basal cell skin cancer, although it is a common treatment in Europe and South America. Here, they resort to MOHS. The Derms here would rather operate as their income is greater and photodynamic has not been FDA approved. Therefore, I've had to travel to receive this treatment that is scar free and very effective.

Although the treatment you seek may or may not be effective, I believe you should be able to receive it if you want. Good luck.

Croce
It is a shortcoming of our system. We need some way to make money before a treatment can get the required testing.

Had a good friend who had terrible back problems. His doctor believed he was a perfect candidate for the meat tenderizer solution. That is basically injecting a version of Adolph's meat tenderizer into the spine causing the dqamaged disc to dissolve. He went to Toronto, had the procedure and was free of the back problem from then forward. That treatment had been approved in Europe and Canada for some years but was not available in the US because no one could patent Adolph's...

Old 08-24-2013, 07:55 PM

8,419 posts, read 4,576,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
It is a shortcoming of our system. We need some way to make money before a treatment can get the required testing.

Had a good friend who had terrible back problems. His doctor believed he was a perfect candidate for the meat tenderizer solution. That is basically injecting a version of Adolph's meat tenderizer into the spine causing the dqamaged disc to dissolve. He went to Toronto, had the procedure and was free of the back problem from then forward. That treatment had been approved in Europe and Canada for some years but was not available in the US because no one could patent Adolph's...
No, but they could patent papain, the enzyme that is the primary active ingredient in Adolphs

Medical Uses for Adolph's Meat Tenderizer | eHow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas