Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 07:46 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robojester View Post
Sadly no.
Bummer. That would have made it so much easier. Are you planning on saving up and just moving and looking for work, or are you looking to try to secure employment before you take the plunge?

If it's the latter, maybe your gaming contacts could give you better info on the hiring processes and timelines. There are also some old threads here about the hiring processes at MGM, etc. From what I remember reading, a lot depended on the individual managers and departments.

The search function might help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2013, 09:41 AM

1,078 posts, read 1,153,315 times
Agreed, I even thought of moving some where else first. Then transfer to Vegas, I just cant make the move.

I am taking the plunge, I am planing to start applying to on line postings around the first of the year. Letting them know in my cover letter that I am moving there from out of state and will be available to interview on Feb X or after.
Can't hurt

I am told that to be hired on for the summer season I NEED to be out there by March 1st.
So Feb it is.
Lots of friends out there in the biz and I have a growing list of folks to contact once I arrive.

I plan to spend a few days right out of the gate going out with friends and being introduced around.
I am blessed to have GREAT friends who are very supportive in this difficult time!!!

No fear, I have my long term disability checks coming in for 18 more months.

Old 11-22-2013, 06:44 AM

720 posts, read 766,203 times
Robojester, I've been missing your posts, you okay? Only ask because you referenced a difficult time...

Decided to work full time instead of semi-retired eh? Probably a good choice for you to keep active. You're probably going to love it here.

Old 11-22-2013, 08:33 AM

Default Thanks!

It is good to be back.
I was fighting 2 problems.
1 I had a spinal cord stimulator installed due to low back problems.
It has exceeded my wildest dreams and even my implant team agrees my results are exceptional.

2 I have nerve damage to my hands and can not longer manipulate a deck of cards as I need to if I am going to deal poker. I recently found out his can not be fixed and I still LOVE to deal.
So my dealing days are over, Figure I can try and floor.

No disrespect to the position. I have always said when I could not deal anymore I would "retire' to flooring. SO in a way it is semi retired. My wife has not decided if she will work outside the home or not yet.

Since we are empty nester's, other than my Wife not wanting to leave the kids its basically retirement at 45 for me
It remains to be seen if I can do all the standing required, but I do very well and will not know till I try.
Since the kids are all over 25, they all have lives and now its OUR time.

Still planning a massive amount of gardening once we get settled in for a year or so.

Old 11-22-2013, 08:34 AM

I also may work part time.
Maybe a new job?
Its a time of transition

Old 11-22-2013, 11:39 PM

720 posts, read 766,203 times
Adventure awaits Robojester!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas