Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 02:04 PM

3,663 posts, read 5,676,018 times

Advertisements

Just out of curiosity, if it is medical marijuana, why wouldn't it be sold in a pharmacy? You have to have a prescription, right? Aren't pharmacists they only one's who can fill a prescription?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2015, 02:42 PM

3,475 posts, read 3,279,422 times
It's still federally illegal so like the banks the pharmacies aren't going to risk it. Too much liability involved. The solution they came up with is to set up these pot dispensaries instead.

To me it's complete BS. Pharmacists can give a 10 year old prescriptions of Oxycontin now for pain but not a medical marijuana oil that's supposed to help children with chronic seizures and be less damaging to them.

Marijuana is on the Schedule I list of the Controlled Substances which means it supposedly has no medicinal benefits. The drug companies say they can't pursue research on it either due to the liability of this until Congress takes it off the Schedule I list. Congress is working on that currently.

Meanwhile, alcohol and tobacco are not on any schedules for controlled substances and have no medical benefits either. However, you occasionally read news reports saying research shows that 1 - 2 glasses of red wine a day help you relax or live longer or whatever... Then the story changes to how it's harmful and it goes back and forth.

Old 09-01-2015, 03:57 PM

2,413 posts, read 2,031,264 times
I remember when someone who violated a federal law received a visit from the FBI. Now federal laws are selectively ignored by the federal government. As much as I am in favor of the legalization of marijuana, I am nostalgic for the rule of law.

Old 09-01-2015, 04:38 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,805,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
I remember when someone who violated a federal law received a visit from the FBI. Now federal laws are selectively ignored by the federal government. As much as I am in favor of the legalization of marijuana, I am nostalgic for the rule of law.
The Feds have always avoided enforcing all laws. They do not have the resources. Consider the mortgage crash. I doubt there was a loan officer at a number of the major banks who did not violate the mortgage regulations. But the feds have no interest in sending 20,000 loan officers up the River. And it would be very hard to get at the brass who really should be held accountable as there is no written track to them. Did they know? Of course. Can you prove it? No. So you send all the low level players up the river while not touching any of the brass...

Medical Marijuana is worse. I remain skeptical of how much real value it has...but it has some as is testified to by its centuries of usage as medicine. But do the feds really want to start locking up the medical pot types? I would rather have them chase down bad guys.

Old 09-01-2015, 05:12 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Medical Marijuana is worse. I remain skeptical of how much real value it has...but it has some as is testified to by its centuries of usage as medicine. But do the feds really want to start locking up the medical pot types? I would rather have them chase down bad guys.
I am in pain 24/7. Peripheral Neuropathy and similar stabs of pain and "electric shocks" over my entire body. Joint pain in every joint. I've been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I haven't been without pain for over 20 years.

I tried marijuana and it works. It doesn't necessarily stop the pain per se, but it's like it changes it to a different feeling that is tolerable. I also found that I can get to sleep using it, and it takes very little to help, when pains pills do pretty much nothing. I've used 2 hydrocodone and three aspirin to no avail. I won't ask for, or use, oxy. I don't need something that's going to possibly give me an addiction.

So my next doctors visit is going to include a conversation about a prescription. Until then I just suffer.

Old 09-01-2015, 06:53 PM

2,413 posts, read 2,031,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
The Feds have always avoided enforcing all laws. They do not have the resources. Consider the mortgage crash. I doubt there was a loan officer at a number of the major banks who did not violate the mortgage regulations. But the feds have no interest in sending 20,000 loan officers up the River. And it would be very hard to get at the brass who really should be held accountable as there is no written track to them. Did they know? Of course. Can you prove it? No. So you send all the low level players up the river while not touching any of the brass...

You must be quite young if you can't think of an example before 2008.

Old 10-22-2015, 03:25 AM

3,475 posts, read 3,279,422 times
Medical pot dispensaries coming to downtown Las Vegas - Story

Two more medical pot dispensaries are opening and they're in the downtown area.

Funny, I just drove past that building on Industrial Rd. yesterday and was wondering what it was.

Old 10-22-2015, 01:09 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,038,208 times
I know someone who is some sort of 'distributor' for medicinal/edible marijuana. I have been searching for edible MJ for my senior dog with arthritis. Supposedly it really works. She promised she would get me some.

In the meantime, she gave me some samples. I'm not sure if it helped my dog but I loved it! Probably for 10 years or so I have had problems sleeping. One little rectangular red hard candy, looks like a Jolly Rancher, and I sleep all night long! And it doesn't taste bad either! Best of all, I don't wake up feeling hung over! I only got 4 of them in my sample so I am only taking 1 per week. I don't think it makes me high like smoking the stuff either.

Old 10-23-2015, 10:11 AM

162 posts, read 242,312 times
Try 5 to 10 mg of Melatonin for sleep without feeling hung-over the next day. It is a lot cheaper than Cannabis.

Old 10-23-2015, 11:00 AM

3,598 posts, read 4,949,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fvansan View Post
Try 5 to 10 mg of Melatonin for sleep without feeling hung-over the next day. It is a lot cheaper than Cannabis.
Pot doesn't give you a hangover either, but I agree, melatonin works well for sleep. Although it doesn't have a "hangover" per se, melatonin works so well that I really don't feel like getting up in the morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas