Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 09:35 AM

2,037 posts, read 2,990,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott456 View Post
And where would that be? Boise Idaho? Kansas city? West Virginia?...nice very nice.
Nah, I got a job in NH!

If one were picking an ideal place to live I would utilize a variety of factors, namely: education level of population, number of single parents (indicative of the break down of family structure, poor choices by adults, and bad kiddies running a muck sans parental supervision), income level, church attendance, home ownership, big name industries, veterans per capita (I like being around Vets), and the number of single women. I would also incorporate such metrics and leased cars and no doc loans--areas with a large number of the aforementioned have an excessive number of 30k Millionaires and posers.

I am not sure if you read, but check out a book called Our Kids. It illuminates the haves vs the have nots and it clearly explains what produces each. Simply written, obvious conclusions, and saddening to say the least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2015, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
Wanna sell me your downtown condo?

you will sell it cheap since this is such a filthy distinguish town, right?

Jonathan
No, I will sell it to you at market value plus 3%. 320k. I will carry the note. 1100 sq ft at the Juhl...no walls though...it's billed as 2bd 2 bath but I think this is false.

Old 05-22-2015, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTES View Post
Pictures of the condo and the indecent people around it would be appreciated. I'm interested in both.

Bill
lemme take a selfie..lol..lol

Old 05-22-2015, 10:05 AM

15,856 posts, read 14,479,382 times
$320K, for a 2/2 condo in Vegas? I'd rather get on on the south strip for $150K (maybe $175K at the outside.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
No, I will sell it to you at market value plus 3%. 320k. I will carry the note. 1100 sq ft at the Juhl...no walls though...it's billed as 2bd 2 bath but I think this is false.

Old 05-22-2015, 10:10 AM

1,374 posts, read 2,435,920 times
Those winter snows in NH are just wonderful. Aren't they?

Old 05-22-2015, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
$320K, for a 2/2 condo in Vegas? I'd rather get on on the south strip for $150K (maybe $175K at the outside.)
I think it's crazy too...considering I paid 142k cash for it a few years ago when the building was abandoned.

It's not even 2/2., lol, it's one big butt room.

That being said, the people in the Juhl and Odgen are generally better than the riff raff at the Manhattan condos.

It's a young, educated, entrepreneurial crowd. it's Vegas so there are still a few pimps and hookers here but there is also likely the largest collection of young Ivy Leaguers per sq foot in Vegas. That's what I notice when I leave my crib in NYC and fly back to vegas....the almost complete absence of dynamic interesting people.

if you want to surround yourself with good people you have to pay for it.

The problem is that they keep raising the rent and ppl in vegas dont make the kind of money to afford to live here. it's not sillicon valley where 26 year olds are earning 210k.

Old 05-22-2015, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott456 View Post
Those winter snows in NH are just wonderful. Aren't they?
I grew up in the midwest so the snow doesn't matter to me. I can afford a heater and an air conditioner and snow tires.

Weather is more important to some than others. I lived in a lot of crappy places so I am desensitized to most environmental factors.

What's important is being able to work for an industry leader with amazingly talented peers.

That's why Tony whatever's vision for DT will fail. he talks about collisions of people, which generate ideas which in turn leads to productivity. The demographics here don't support those kind of productive collision.

I like vegas, it's a fun place to hang out and the clubs are second to none...but once you sober up it's an awfully terrible place.

Old 05-22-2015, 11:12 AM

1,596 posts, read 2,811,853 times
Juhl looks interesting and unique in the market. I do it find odd there's not more sales activity with the units there. Other than a handful of rentals, there's only one sales listing I see. At this time of year, and with the current economic trend, I expected to see more. Is there something unusual going on there?

Bill

Old 05-22-2015, 11:30 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,294,079 times
Everyone I have met in Las Vegas has been just awful. Horrible. Terrible. Especially that guy that rode the zip line with me 3 years ago. What a loser

EDIT: This is sarcasm, BTW. Just in case anyone didn't know

Last edited by ElleTea; 05-22-2015 at 04:05 PM..

Old 05-22-2015, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTES View Post
Juhl looks interesting and unique in the market. I do it find odd there's not more sales activity with the units there. Otheritthan a handful of rentals, there's only one sales listing I see. At this time of year, and with the current economic trend, I expected to see more. Is there something unusual going on there?

Bill
Not that I know about. I know there is a push to sell them as opposed to lease them. The problem is no financing, so a 300k payment for a 2bd 2 bath condo plus circa 500 in HOA fees...that's a stupid investment...the people here are cool....really cool for Vegas...but financially it makes no sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas