Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2007, 02:07 PM

1 posts, read 2,993 times

Advertisements

Hi Vegas folks:

I am researching moving into the area temporarily...

What is the standard deposit rate for the average 2 bedroom apartment? I want to avoid three months rent for deposit like a different part of the country....

Is bad credit an obstacle in getting a rental at all?

Thanks all,

Hope
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2007, 12:53 PM

159 posts, read 478,843 times
There's no such thing as a standard deposit. The security deposit varies from place to place, and it's usually less than the amount of one month's rent. Also, some places (both rental houses and apartment complexes) require a cleaning deposit...or an outright fee. There's also usually a small application fee (around $25 and $10 for a background check).

I think it would be helpful to you to check out a site like Apartment Rentals Home Rentals Office Rentals Vacation Rentals & Time Shares Car and Truck Rentals at Rents.com "Your online rental resource". It will display lots of apartment and condo complexes and give you the option of searching for places with short-term leases. Bad credit is not helpful, as most rental or management agents will do a credit check.

Be wary of the hotels that offer long-term stays. Make sure you don't get yourself into a seedy situation.

Good luck!

Old 12-06-2007, 06:31 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,359,111 times
I haven't lived in an apartment since about 1981, but if I was going to, I would look at the ones up the hill just off W. Cheyenne almost to I-215. I don't know the names of any of them but I'll bet olecapt does. The views up there would sell me and the neighborhood looks nice and far enough away from the noise of the expressway. It's close to nice parks and shopping too.

Old 12-06-2007, 07:31 PM

57 posts, read 258,816 times
I agree about no standard. Bad credit is not a hudge problem in Vegas, if your willing to live in a little less than better place. There does not seam to be a standard to the price, etc...other than the fact you will be treated as if you are about to flee in the middle of the night. It could take years to get over this...BE ready for large deposits on Utilitys, phone, Insurance, Gas. Like I said, they will all assume no matter tour credit that you are about to flee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas