Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 04:12 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,157,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
and not every company provides a place to stay in nd…prices to live are astronomical…
Quite a few companies(the good ones) will provide housing, food, per diem and flights back and fourth home. Everything I mentioned is part of my benefits package on top of my pay. In order for companies to recruit and retain decent talent, they have to offer this. If they don't, they are not serious about staying in business or they pay $35+ an hour(no benefits) to keep employees.

I am very hard pressed to meet anyone out here that isn't living in company provided housing.

Edit: I spend about $30 a week on incidentals out here. I do not live out on the ND economy just like many of my coworkers. The local astronomical market does not affect us(except gas). It's a pretty good deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2014, 04:14 PM

15,849 posts, read 14,479,382 times
What type of work are you doing up there? Is it still the boom town it has been for the last few years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
I currently work in North Dakota while still living in Las Vegas.(2 weeks on/1 week off) I am anticipating the extreme winters. Even a little nervous about them but for $3k a week, I'm giving it a shot.

Old 10-20-2014, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
What type of work are you doing up there? Is it still the boom town it has been for the last few years?
It's more of an organized boom now. I still pass at least a dozen "NOW HIRING" signs on the way to work. I am a diesel mechanic for hydraulic fracturing equipment. Every company I know of has open positions and Wal-Mart is still offering $18 an hour positions. I can post lots of pics but do t want to derail this thread any further.

Or maybe I can post in another thread.

Old 10-20-2014, 04:58 PM

15,849 posts, read 14,479,382 times
^
Start a thread in the Williston forum, post them there, and post the link hrre.

Old 10-20-2014, 06:08 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zemmine View Post
Hi guys I had an over the phone interview with a company in Vegas and they said if I get the job I'll be starting at $16 per hour . Right now the job I have in Orlando which is only paying me $12 per hour. I started at $11.50 and after 2 years I'm only making $12. I'm a single guy with no kids and hardly any debt . Should I make the move if I get the job ? Is $16 an hour a decent wage in Vegas ?
Yes, yes, and yes!

I love Vegas...would live in the Art District Downtown, personally...Lived in Orlando
and Winter Park for years.
You won't miss the bugs!
And I know it is a joke to say, "But, It's a dry heat."....but
coming from inland Orl or Gainesville...you will notice a huge difference!
Lucky!! If you have pets...they will be happy with way less fleas.
Sounds like a great job offer.

Old 10-22-2014, 10:19 AM

14 posts, read 47,506 times
How do I do that lol.

Old 10-22-2014, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
^
Start a thread in the Williston forum, post them there, and post the link hrre.
Done
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: