Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 10:08 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,294,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestgump99 View Post
I think Walmart's produce is more expensive than other stores...

Sometimes, Walmart puts their produce on sale by-the-each instead of per pound.

Food4Less was least expensive IMHO, but sometimes quality lacked.

I think that new grocery store in Henderson WINCO has really low prices (last time I went inside)
Winco DOES have really low prices, not only on produce but lots of other stuff, too!

Old 11-28-2014, 10:43 AM

16,393 posts, read 30,282,333 times
Winco is generally less on produce and on bulk foods. On meats, less so.

Sprouts always has some very good produce specials and is significantly less on organics compared with WF and the Kroger affiliates.

I am more into some of the Asian markets for produce.

99 Only has some good deals BUT you need to make sure that you examine before buying as quality is variable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2014, 09:18 PM

23 posts, read 25,780 times
When we were in an apt near S. LV Blvd I shopped at F4L often. It seemed like the S LV Blvd location had very good produce compared to other stores. But we only moved here last November. Maybe we were catching the right seasons, but some of the best mango, watermelon, and strawberries (short of pick/grow your own back east), I found there. Now that we moved to the Henderson area (July), I have mainly shopped at Winco (LOVE WINCO!), Costco, Vons, Albertson's, Smith's, TJ's, and the other F4L's. Also some Mexican places. None have had the quality of the F4L on SLVBlvd for fruits.

Old 11-28-2014, 11:39 PM

1,254 posts, read 1,059,003 times
I do most of my shopping at Smiths and have found the produce to be more than satisfactory. I really like the organic kale they run on sale for 99 cents.

Old 11-29-2014, 11:34 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,699,483 times
Keep mentioning stores that aren't chains, please. I'm taking notes. And I'm doing the same for restaurants from other threads. I'm going to pass it out or email it to newcomers I meet.

Old 11-29-2014, 11:35 AM

249 posts, read 331,464 times
Recently a woman I met mentioned the great prices for the bulk bin at Winco, but she didn't mention anything else. Thank you forestgump99, ElleTea, jlawrence01 and LovingNV for chiming in on Winco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I find Wal-Mart produce/fruit to be absolutely outrageous in prices, and Food4Less isn't a whole lot better. I've become absolutely sold on the Mexican grocery stores, particularly La Bonita.
I looked at their site for locations and I think the one on Desert Inn might be the hispanic market I went to years ago. I'm excited to check it out! Thank you very much for specifically naming the hispanic market and feedback.

Ok, I got it all set. When I need to do a Walmart run (toiletries, etc.) then I'll also buy groceries. If it's strictly groceries, I'll go to La Bonita. And Winco when I'm in the area.

BTW ... Here's a clip from La Bonita's site: "Wednesdays at La Bonita supermarkets are Healthy Wednesdays. This means that all the foods that are healthy and good for your body go on sale.".

Thanks again to everyone for your input!

Old 11-30-2014, 12:33 AM

2,719 posts, read 3,491,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Keep mentioning stores that aren't chains, please. I'm taking notes. And I'm doing the same for restaurants from other threads. I'm going to pass it out or email it to newcomers I meet.
While it is part of a chain, Wild Oats Market (Whole Foods) is in the process of changing Fresh and Easy to Wild Oats Market. I'm glad some of the stores in my neck of the woods won't close.

Old 11-30-2014, 04:59 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,699,483 times
There's a Fresh and Easy down the hill on Lake Mead. Easy drive. Hopefully it will stay as Wild Oats Market..

Old 12-01-2014, 08:58 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_Love View Post
Recently a woman I met mentioned the great prices for the bulk bin at Winco, but she didn't mention anything else. Thank you forestgump99, ElleTea, jlawrence01 and LovingNV for chiming in on Winco.

I looked at their site for locations and I think the one on Desert Inn might be the hispanic market I went to years ago. I'm excited to check it out! Thank you very much for specifically naming the hispanic market and feedback.

Ok, I got it all set. When I need to do a Walmart run (toiletries, etc.) then I'll also buy groceries. If it's strictly groceries, I'll go to La Bonita. And Winco when I'm in the area.

BTW ... Here's a clip from La Bonita's site: "Wednesdays at La Bonita supermarkets are Healthy Wednesdays. This means that all the foods that are healthy and good for your body go on sale.".

Thanks again to everyone for your input!
I shop at La Bonita quite often. If you go on Wednesday, take a Xanax because it tends to be a mob scene.

Old 12-01-2014, 09:51 AM

249 posts, read 331,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I shop at La Bonita quite often. If you go on Wednesday, take a Xanax because it tends to be a mob scene.
LOL! I was wondering how busy it gets. I can't handle crowds, so wed is out for me. Thanks for the heads up

I'll be in the area today so I'll finally have a chance to check it out. Yay!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas