Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 12:47 PM

1 posts, read 1,460 times

Advertisements

Now you see this poor people on the street corners nicely asking for money, next thing will be home invasions and assaults.
More and more Americans are falling of the middle class into the poor class.
Without the Government assistance and Food Stamps there would be a war zone in most neighborhoods.

Instead of helping Americans and America The Fed chose to save Banks, Wall Street, Big Corporations and the Rich.
QE and Zirp are bailouts for the rich, welfare for the Rich.
Banks repossession of homes and sales to Wall Street is a crime.
Lying and reporting bogus numbers, adjustments and change how inflation is measured in America, how unemployment is calculated in America is a crime.

Most Americans today are barely making it, but on the Wall Street the party is still going on.
We admire rich criminals, we worship money, we worship greed.

This will just end badly for most of us.
Greed is running wild in America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have all lost our minds worshiping money and materialsitic things in life.
We need more then ever higher interest rates to stop this madness and insanity.
We need to come back down to earth from flying high!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2015, 03:48 PM

1,828 posts, read 5,313,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhone X View Post
Wake UP!!!!!
Good to see you back! I respectfully disagree with your melodramatic doom and gloom assessment.

Thee only place I see lots of beggars is the strip, which is strategic on their part due to tourist traffic. As others have said, don't give these people money as you are only enabling pan handling as a profession.

Old 03-03-2015, 06:43 PM

775 posts, read 776,428 times
What happened to Sponge Joe? Was he edited off the forum or withdraw his posts?

Old 03-06-2015, 07:59 AM

89 posts, read 84,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
Actually, it's because McCain ditched the whole "straight talk express" thing, picked a lunatic idiot as his running mate, and proceeded to run the most bumbling, inept campaign in history. All of this following the worst administration in more than 100 years.
Actually, Palin was responsible for more votes cast for McCain, but it could not save a terrible campaigner with the Consultant class orchestrating losing moves. Did you sleep thru the Jimmy Carter years? Only the current administration has surpassed the ineptness of the Carter years.

Quote:
It works like this: 40% of the voters are too stupid to vote for anyone other than a Republican. Another 40% are too stupid to vote for anyone other than a Democrat. That leaves 20% of the population. Roughly half of those people are complete and utter mouthbreathers -- undecided Ohio voters, for instance. And then you have the 10% who actually pay attention to the issues and in general vote for the lesser of two evils.
Percentages may be a little off, but I generally agree.

Quote:
Those people were scared off in 2008 by McCain's bumbling and his choice of Sarah Palin. They were scared off in 2012 by Romney's "maker vs. taker" gaff and his choice of Ayn-drone Paul Ryan. And I'd be willing to mortgage my house and bet it all that they pick another Ayn-drone in 2016. Maybe they'll go straight to the source this time and finally nominate Rand Paul. That'll be great for all the immature dipsticks who [censored] to Atlas Shrugged. But it won't win general elections.
You constantly rip on the GOP showing where your loyalties are (and I have a bigtime problem with the GOP Establishment), yet here we sit 6 years into a failed, fundamentally-transformed-into-crap, 50 million on food stamps, 90 million out of work, government takeover of healthcare, dangerously weak foreign policy,
Illegals overrunning the country, all inflicted by a community organizer with little or no experience running a business or governing. But let's blame Romney's 'binders of women" or 47% garbage. Really?

Old 03-06-2015, 01:17 PM

1,254 posts, read 1,059,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbarkus View Post

90 million out of work
Either this is a typo or you are grossly misinformed. The unemployment numbers just came out today and there are 8.7 million out of work. BIG DIFFERENCE!

Old 03-06-2015, 02:38 PM

390 posts, read 755,763 times
iphone x, sponge Joe, dr. joe...think maybe the same negative guy! I wonder who rates his posts?

Old 03-06-2015, 03:10 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,995,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcoliver View Post
iphone x, sponge Joe, dr. joe...think maybe the same negative guy! I wonder who rates his posts?
i think the positives go up automatically with time….

i wish they would just ban the ip address.

what amazes me is the time taken to write the posts just to have them deleted… im sure several alert the mods as soon as the post goes live… nobody actually reads it or cares about the useless dribble.

Old 03-07-2015, 02:09 PM

390 posts, read 755,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
i think the positives go up automatically with time….

i wish they would just ban the ip address.

what amazes me is the time taken to write the posts just to have them deleted… im sure several alert the mods as soon as the post goes live… nobody actually reads it or cares about the useless dribble.

Old 03-08-2015, 03:22 AM

15 posts, read 17,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I used to be a softie about beggars. No more. Some guy on Ft Apache and Trop with a stupid sign walked up to my car window. He was wearing gorgeous New Balance sneakers. The thing that popped into my head was a sentence comprised of two words. One that rhymes with truck and the last being "you".

It pisses me off that they've turned this into a business.
Perhaps someone gave him the new shoes instead of cash ???

Old 03-09-2015, 07:55 AM

89 posts, read 84,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie the heartbreaker View Post
Either this is a typo or you are grossly misinformed. The unemployment numbers just came out today and there are 8.7 million out of work. BIG DIFFERENCE!
Inform yourself.

In February, a record high 92,898,000 Americans aged 16 and older did not participate in the labor force, according to data released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).

President Barack Obama took office in January 2009, when there were 80,529,000 Americans not participating in the workforce, meaning that 12,269,000 citizens have left the workforce since then. Since last month alone, the number of Americans out of the workforce increased by 354,000.

The BLS touts the official unemployment rate as falling from 5.7 percent in January to 5.5 percent in February, the lowest since Spring of 2008, which sounds good on the surface. Especially considering that the economy added 295,000 jobs last month. But when other factors like the labor participation rate and the "marginally attached" are taken into account, a clearer picture emerges, and it's not quite as pretty.

As Gallup CEO Jim Clifton recently pointed out, the official unemployment numbers are "extremely misleading."

Record High Number Of Americans Not Participating In Labor Force : US : Headlines & Global News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas