Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 11:48 AM

848 posts, read 648,249 times

Advertisements

Add Less Fluoride to Water, US Feds Say - NBC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2015, 01:05 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,569,037 times
Under the sink RO system suits my needs. If someone actually believes drinking fluoride is good for them, they can have it.

Old 04-27-2015, 05:13 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times
Tin hat concession for sale. Cheap.

Old 04-27-2015, 06:56 PM

10,864 posts, read 16,996,765 times
From Toxipedia:

"Fluoride, well established as one of the most toxic elements known to humans when ingested in large doses, is likely among the least understood medicines that primary care practitioners may encounter in terms of its chronic toxicology."

Recognition and Management of Fluoride Toxicity - Toxipedia

Almost one quarter of the population has some form of dental fluorosis:

Products - Data Briefs - Number 53 - November 2010

Keep in mind, I'm not against fluoridation because I think it's some crazy conspiracy. I'm against it because it is unnecessary. People who brush and floss don't need it. People who don't aren't benefiting enough to make it worth the money and effort. And there ARE health risks to fluoride consumption. It was never meant to be swallowed. Fluoridating water decreases tooth decay in children by a SMIDGE. Getting kids to brush properly would obviate this. Don't believe me? Ask your dentist next time you have a cleaning. Mine is quite adamant about not swallowing any concentration of fluoride.

This doesn't affect me personally because I make my own water. But why pay for this program when it isn't the panacea they thought it would be during the 1950s?

Old 04-27-2015, 07:29 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,802,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
From Toxipedia:

"Fluoride, well established as one of the most toxic elements known to humans when ingested in large doses, is likely among the least understood medicines that primary care practitioners may encounter in terms of its chronic toxicology."

Recognition and Management of Fluoride Toxicity - Toxipedia

Almost one quarter of the population has some form of dental fluorosis:

Products - Data Briefs - Number 53 - November 2010

Keep in mind, I'm not against fluoridation because I think it's some crazy conspiracy. I'm against it because it is unnecessary. People who brush and floss don't need it. People who don't aren't benefiting enough to make it worth the money and effort. And there ARE health risks to fluoride consumption. It was never meant to be swallowed. Fluoridating water decreases tooth decay in children by a SMIDGE. Getting kids to brush properly would obviate this. Don't believe me? Ask your dentist next time you have a cleaning. Mine is quite adamant about not swallowing any concentration of fluoride.

This doesn't affect me personally because I make my own water. But why pay for this program when it isn't the panacea they thought it would be during the 1950s?
How about a source of the science you are citing. Papers that say good brushing and flossing prevents cavities as well as does fluoridation..

I find lots of fringe science attacking fluoridation - but like our latest doomer they always cite the Harvard study and never the New Zealand study though it is clear the New Zealand study was much better science. In actual fact the Harvard researchers made the point loud and clear that the only thing their study proved was the more research was needed.

We still have virtually complete support for fluoridation from CDC and the Dental Societies. So the nay sayers really need to explain why the establishment is wrong.

Old 04-27-2015, 07:41 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,569,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Tin hat concession for sale. Cheap.
Are you aware of how many forms of fluoride there are? They range from naturally occuring to extremely toxic industrial by-products. Would you hazard a guess to which one is typically added to your water? Again, if you're fine with that, drink up.

Old 04-27-2015, 07:43 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,117,601 times
I don't care what they put in it so long as it doesn't taste like bull semen, sweaty gym socks, and bleach like it currently does.

Old 04-27-2015, 08:41 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,802,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
Are you aware of how many forms of fluoride there are? They range from naturally occuring to extremely toxic industrial by-products. Would you hazard a guess to which one is typically added to your water? Again, if you're fine with that, drink up.
Do you realize that fish and ducks and frogs pee in the water? That when you swim on a reef all those little white things floating in the water are fish poop?

Are you not concerned that some ingredient of fish poop will slip through the filters and render you sterile?

How about a reaction between some particle and a natursal ingredient that gives you a nasty cancer...can't trust those space particles.

Old 04-27-2015, 09:21 PM

15,856 posts, read 14,479,382 times
I find it hilarious that this thread has zeroed in our fluoridation, which is pretty much a constant anywhere in the US, instead of anything Vegas specific.

Old 04-27-2015, 11:47 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times
Conspiracy theorists know no bounds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas