Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 09:36 PM

3,475 posts, read 3,277,046 times

Advertisements

Out pimping the pimps sounds like a good story to hear sometime.

So the consensus is a no on the long length professional shorts for a job interview here and err on the more business casual side in general when auditioning for a professional position until you acquire the job and can see the culture upfront from experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2015, 10:29 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,601,279 times
If you are going for an office job I'd say absolutely not to shorts. Our interview would last 5 minutes and I'd show you the door. You need to dress up.

Old 05-20-2015, 11:04 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,986,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhureeKeeper View Post
If you are going for an office job I'd say absolutely not to shorts. Our interview would last 5 minutes and I'd show you the door. You need to dress up.
i wouldn't even give 5 minutes...... i'd tell them that we have to reschedule

Old 05-20-2015, 11:11 PM

1,374 posts, read 2,434,699 times
Don't forget your high heels.

Old 05-20-2015, 11:34 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,026,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediocreButArrogant View Post
What about skorts?
Please post a picture of you in those skorts so we can be sure we know what they look like!

Old 05-20-2015, 11:56 PM

Skorts have always been a confusing style to me because of the coming and going look, but they're more comfortable than skirts.

With skirts or a dress I always feel like I have to wear panty hose which aren't always so comfortable.

It doesn't look like panty hose are big here either as I don't see many people wearing them.

Old 05-21-2015, 12:07 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,114,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
Skorts have always been a confusing style to me because of the coming and going look, but they're more comfortable than skirts.

With skirts or a dress I always feel like I have to wear panty hose which aren't always so comfortable.

It doesn't look like panty hose are big here either as I don't see many people wearing them.
That's a trend within the last decade or two. Prior to the invasion of the Californicators we had the New Yorkers who brought their style of business dress with them. Three piece suits and pantyhose get pretty nasty when you don't have covered parking and it's 110 outside.

We are reaching a happy medium now, where we don't dress like we are on Wall Street but we don't look like beach bums either. Just buy something from The Gap. ( irony )

Old 05-21-2015, 12:26 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,347,270 times
You'd think that we'd dress like the Israelis do, but we don't. For a job interview wear professional clothes. And, wear them at work if you want to get ahead. Or at least until the boss says why don't you dress more casually.

Old 05-21-2015, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
That's a trend within the last decade or two. Prior to the invasion of the Californicators we had the New Yorkers who brought their style of business dress with them. Three piece suits and pantyhose get pretty nasty when you don't have covered parking and it's 110 outside.

We are reaching a happy medium now, where we don't dress like we are on Wall Street but we don't look like beach bums either. Just buy something from The Gap. ( irony )
I assume you mean the classic khaki pants they have. Now I'm looking at women's pants at the Gap. LINK

Those different styles of jogger pants, moto and modal, are cute and seem to be the new in-style but I can't decide if they're more metro-sexual casual or an urban professional look.

Just to be clear this look with the long length professional shorts, a nice blouse and some kind of heel won't work for most professional job interviews that requires a higher education and skill set such as a Creative Services, Marketing or Finance position at a business like Zappos?

Old 05-21-2015, 04:48 AM

8,421 posts, read 4,573,961 times
At an IT shop I worked at years ago, the "office manager" (glorified secretary/Service call scheduler) who wore jeans with holes and a T-shirt suggested we institute a casual Friday. I asked her what that would mean to her, a robe and slippers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: