Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 05:50 PM

33 posts, read 54,769 times

Advertisements

Reading some posts here about people going to build new pool...

Well this is my experience.

We wanted to build small pool, mainly for our kids.

Size was only 12 x 19 ft.

We called 5 different LV pool companies.

After 10 days of appointments and visiting their offices we came to this - its not worth it!

They all have minimum price for our (small) pool - 35.000 $ for basic pool.
If we want something extra (waterfalls , stones...)price is 40.000 $ or more.

Some of companies told us their minimum price is 35 k no matter how small pool is !!!

Only one company told us 30k but after reading their bad reviews on YELP we gave up.

I guess economy is very good now and they are very busy so cost/price is much more then 3 years ago.

My friend built his pool in 2012 and paid only 25.000 for mid-size pool.

Those times are unfortunately gone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2015, 05:52 PM

1,245 posts, read 1,829,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dario77 View Post
Reading some posts here about people going to build new pool...

Well this is my experience.

We wanted to build small pool, mainly for our kids.

Size was only 12 x 19 ft.

We called 5 different LV pool companies.

After 10 days of appointments and visiting their offices we came to this - its not worth it!

They all have minimum price for our (small) pool - 35.000 $ for basic pool.
If we want something extra (waterfalls , stones...)price is 40.000 $.

Some of companies told us their minimum price is 35 k no matter how small pool is !!!

Only one company told us 30k but after reading their bad reviews on YELP we gave up.

I guess economy is very good now and they are very busy so cost/price is much more then 3 years ago.

My friend built his pool in 2012 and paid only 25.000 for mid-size pool.

Those times are unfortunately gone!
Your kids will grow up fine without a swimming pool in their back yard. The money you save will pay for their college education.

Old 07-27-2015, 06:02 PM

3,663 posts, read 5,677,361 times
I know someone who hired all the subs themselves and saved half the cost of the pool.

I used to know a pool architect who would design the pool and then would give you a list of reliable subs. You would have also been able to touch base with the architect as the process moves along. I'm pretty sure the county inspects it along way too.

Old 07-27-2015, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayview6 View Post
Your kids will grow up fine without a swimming pool in their back yard. The money you save will pay for their college education.
We have money but i can't justify spending 40k on SMALL pool.

That's only 220 sq ft .

How much they charge for mid size pools then? 80.000 $ ?

That's insane

Old 07-27-2015, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everdeen View Post
I know someone who hired all the subs themselves and saved half the cost of the pool.

I used to know a pool architect who would design the pool and then would give you a list of reliable subs. You would have also been able to touch base with the architect as the process moves along. I'm pretty sure the county inspects it along way too.

I heard about that.

But in that case you have no warranty and if there is some problems you have to deal with them.

I don't know anything about pools and anyone in that process can do something wrong.

Architect can not be responsible for it, he is just "helping" you .

Old 07-27-2015, 06:41 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,004,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dario77 View Post
I heard about that.

But in that case you have no warranty and if there is some problems you have to deal with them.

I don't know anything about pools and anyone in that process can do something wrong.

Architect can not be responsible for it, he is just "helping" you .
Thats why you get a "broker" who subs everything out. I have a 15k pool built in 2009. Beach entry waterfall 2 pots bubbler spa jets and tile murals... I came in just under 30k..easy 60k pool now with a pos company like Blue Haven..

it even included a sand shark led lighting pebbletec and boulders.

Old 07-27-2015, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
Thats why you get a "broker" who subs everything out. I have a 15k pool built in 2009. Beach entry waterfall 2 pots bubbler spa jets and tile murals... I came in just under 30k..easy 60k pool now with a pos company like Blue Haven..

Look up byop on facebook. Doug day did ours. 5-10 year warranty.

make sure you get a variable speed pump.. spend the extra..

you need cash..no financing

Old 07-27-2015, 06:46 PM

Quote:

where do u find that broker?

I heard you have to pay them between 4-8000 $ . Is it true?

Old 07-27-2015, 06:52 PM

Doug was 4k.... but you pay the contractors separately.... my pool will definitely sell the house

Old 07-27-2015, 07:02 PM

2,880 posts, read 2,809,749 times
Quote:
Doug was 4k.... but you pay the contractors separately.... my pool will definitely sell the house
your pool better have a real estate license

with these insane prices, i feel like i should get into this pool business... sounds like there's money to be made
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: